• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
141_velociraptor.jpg

The large peace looks like it has a raptors head on it .....

First attempt at arranging the wood. Its really difficult with such big pieces.... ive got to add rocks etc but wont have these until ive been down to the river near here. ..... whats everyones thoughts???????

1:
4EizP5V.jpg

2: not added the rest of the wood yet
u5Frnwu.jpg

3:
niEQP0A.jpg

Edit: not happy with any of these so will keep trying :(

Nice pile. I'm getting a strong urge to jump into the photo and start chucking stuff about. How does the big bit look flipped 180 degrees with the roots angling upwards?
You mean the main piece so its roots are over to the left with the other pieces???

I cant believe the size of that wood, judging by you other tanks this is going to be pretty special, your a brave man taking on a tank that size im nervous about upgrading to an 80l, most importantly though come on let us all into the secret.... how do you get around your misses ? If mine walked in and saw all that wood on the floor im pretty sure id up in a box lol

Go get a big pile of rocks too Al. And chuck some sand down on the carpet. Then we'll have a better idea :p

Im not liking any of it now ive had chance to look at the photos ive taken. It just looks like a pile of wood as you said lol. ... back to start from scratch

I cant believe the size of that wood, judging by you other tanks this is going to be pretty special, your a brave man taking on a tank that size im nervous about upgrading to an 80l, most importantly though come on let us all into the secret.... how do you get around your misses ? If mine walked in and saw all that wood on the floor im pretty sure id up in a box lol
I hope it will be special mate. Not happy with any of those layout. I think its partly the supporting wood underneath.

Ha ha simple, I dont allow the missus to live with me. No on a serious note ive only been in this relationship just over a month but shes really supportive of it all :D

This is my theory, Al's missus had said no then Al got stressed and started doing side planks and push ups which charmed her and he got the green light.
Lol..... its hit it off big time these press ups and planks. I did a few tricep dips whilst looking at the mess in the photos lol

Thays where I went wrong I moved in with her before I got my tank :( lol

For me number 3, I get the impression the highest bit of the wood would be above the water line ? Would look great with moss etc growing down it to the water :)

This is just mental I can believe you got all that for under a ton!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

Too much light etc???

Ive had higher light species in my previous set up which was super low tech and hardly ever had a water change.
Rotala ritundafolia red:
7426722522_1a2af1479d_b.jpg
Untitled by Mr-T-, on Flickr

But plants such as crypts ferns mosses a fair few carpet plants some stems and echinodorus species all do really well.

Very well worth it in the long run if your looking for a nice easy less input kind of tank and something you can leave to do its thing for a long time.

I had a 24W fluorescent PL-L over a 60L only about 2/3rds filled with water and I still managed to kill almost all the Anubias nana I put in it. Crypt parva melted completely. Even H.tennellum melted! It was supposed to be a holding tank for my Anubias. I guess I negelcted it just a bit too much.

I can't believe that thank you showed is low tech. Recently I've been having trouble growing stems in a high-tech tank even!

amazing wood, I like 2 actually were a bit less going on but hard to say without seeing it in tank lol good luck deciding mate

Dean

amazing wood, I like 2 actually were a bit less going on but hard to say without seeing it in tank lol good luck deciding mate

Dean
Cheers dean im liking number 2 aswell. If I get some petrified wood added in I think it will be good.

Just been down to the welders and here's my cabinet frame just waiting to go off for powder coating. Its huge in person which kind of hit me in the face as to how big the tanks going to be :)
The big welding cylinders next to it were taller than me
10206561223_720ac1430f_b.jpg
cabinet frame by Mr-T-, on Flickr

Also may have some very posh very advanced geisseman lighting on its way too.

That frame looks the biz mate, very well engineered! This is my kinda journal...I Love to see all the parts like this as it all comes together, can't wait to see more :)

This will be a helluva stand for your tank. You could hold up a car on that steel frame.

Back