• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
Simply awesome! Huge tank, huge wood, a dream for many! This is definitely one to watch. You should write some UKAPS articles about low tech tanks.

Wow that's a nice selection of wood I payed £15 for a tiny rubbish bit, more like a twig, I need to know somewhere like that for larger pieces, spoilt for choice there mate

Dean

Id get that piece there, just to the left a bit, no not that one, left, up, a bit more, right a fraction.....yeah that one :)

Ha ha I went for the peace up to the centre then right then right a bit more behind the twisty piece and to the left of that......;)

I did actually find a stunning piece that actually has bits of granite rock wrapped up in its roots where theyve gripped it over time.
Im going on saturday again.......oops

Just get the lot..... ;)

Sent from my HTC Desire C using Tapatalk 4

Shhhh dont tempt me mate. At such a good price too its extremely hard to resist

Wow what a find :)
Purely by chance mate.

Blardy hell :wideyed: I now have serious wood envy :lol:
It was heaven tim..... couldn't get out where its all from other than Scotland

You visiting Dan's garage again? :p
Ha ha is his garage like that too.... think ill have to harrass his phone in that case.

Hate you :p

Ben

:p:p:p
Wow! Alistair another one! You must be knackered!

Hope your well buddy,
N

Yeah pretty knackered mate especially with non stop illness but this makes me feel tons better.
Well that's my excuse anyway. Great to see you back on pal.

Where is all this wood!!!?

Its in a very nice ladies garage. She is off to top up her garage soon. Apparently it was that full at first you couldn't move :eek:

Simply awesome! Huge tank, huge wood, a dream for many! This is definitely one to watch. You should write some UKAPS articles about low tech tanks.

Thanks flygja.
The new piece of wood is equally as stunning too. Will get a picture of it this afternoon.
Low tech is the way to go for me now. I love it. Although I may do a small high tech at some point.

Wow that's a nice selection of wood I payed £15 for a tiny rubbish bit, more like a twig, I need to know somewhere like that for larger pieces, spoilt for choice there mate

Dean

Cheers dean. There's actually more than that in there its just not all in shot. Her prices are fantastic.

The piece I put up a few pages back which is huge id only paid 39 pound for off another lady and got 2 free stunning orchids too. It would set you back a good 200 id have said.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

I'm actually quite tempted to turn my 60L into a low tech experiment. So far I've done 2 low techs and failed miserably.

I was thinking exactly the same last night (in a 60L too), but I feel I need to do a fair bit more research into suitable slow growing plants etc first...

Ben

I'm actually quite tempted to turn my 60L into a low tech experiment. So far I've done 2 low techs and failed miserably.
Too much light etc???

I was thinking exactly the same last night (in a 60L too), but I feel I need to do a fair bit more research into suitable slow growing plants etc first...

Ben

Ive had higher light species in my previous set up which was super low tech and hardly ever had a water change.
Rotala ritundafolia red:
7426722522_1a2af1479d_b.jpg
Untitled by Mr-T-, on Flickr

But plants such as crypts ferns mosses a fair few carpet plants some stems and echinodorus species all do really well.

Very well worth it in the long run if your looking for a nice easy less input kind of tank and something you can leave to do its thing for a long time.

Tanks arriving a week on Wednesday now too which is great news.
Im having a powder coated steel frame with adjustable feet being built instead of the wooden frame.
Im going to clad with mdf panels which will have been sealed and ill apply white matt vinyl over them and the frame of the light unit.

Stand frame will be ready next week to pick up.

Picking some more wood up this weekend too. I just need to build up the lighting system and install dimmers :)

Exciting!

Sensible choice going for a steal frame.

Thanks sanj, twas re reading your journal yesterday ( yet again) that swayed me. No chance of gradual movement in the frame then long term either and I struggle to get the 2080s out with thick timber frame.

I got wood :)
jbS2PSb.jpg

All for 89 pound. .. bargain :p

Hi all,
Quality, looks like long dead conifer, with Scots Pine (Pinus sylvestris) my guess. From this page <Photos: loch morlich etive lx>.
half_fused_align_P1160916-0008-gimp.jpg

cheers Darrel

ahh cool thanks Darrel, i must admit some of the pieces have beuatiful patterns to the wood. all ok to go in the tank then i hope????

I wouldn't go putting red lama's in your tank.
o_O dam, would make a great feature

I'm reporting you to the RSPCA...for torturing your monkey - Reservoir Dogs Style - unless you can prove he's not sitting on a candle.
thats not the half of it tim, hes usually hanging from the fancy lights above the fire place day in day out, no food, no water.....

Back