• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
number 1 is my favourite. Let me know when you are ready for your shrimp.

Think number one seems to be doing well. Ive picked that anyway but might look different in the tank.
And yep ill let you know when im ready for them thanks ;)

48 hours to wait !!! I am sure that these 48 hours will be very long for you haha.
Cant wait to see this tank with hardscape in it !!!

How are the baby chocolate ?

regards

Its already feeling a long 48 hours. Ive been pretty busy all day sealing the mdf (slightly light headed) and getting sorted for some custom light arms from the same place who have done the steel frame.
2 very shiny polished arms. Stand is here tomorrow morning which means ill be taking the doors off :eek:

I think the longest wait will be getting started as im away in the lakes in 2 weeks so it will be after that.

The new baby chocolates are doing fantastic and the slightly older ones are getting real character too.

This isnt its final position but its arrived all shiny and powder coated in white gloss and ive just put on the varnished base for the tank to sit in.
The adjustable feet havent arrived yet im just hoping theyre here before the tank arrival tomorrow :eek:

Ill be adding on the white matt panels once the tanks up and running too.

its just going here until I take down the chocolate box and start scaping this.
10292139356_f740335af8_b.jpg
stand frame by Mr-T-, on Flickr
10292259243_34c42c98b1_b.jpg

10292247153_375c6a6935_b.jpg

10292028194_b662a7f4a8_b.jpg

Ooo, the excitement! Are you really going to run off for a fortnight and leave us all hanging?

Would you like that trident fern before or after you go away?
Nooo im not going away for a fortnight mate. Ill be taking down your to be tank next weekend then im away for 3 days the weekend after so prefer to start it so im here when its first set up etc.
Im itching to get it started but im being very patient. Gives the wood longer to soak too from tomorrow.

Can we sort the trident to come for when im back mate????

You do know you can't close the doors now do you?:D
Ha ha yeah. They dont really get closed anyway but that's not where the tank is being placed when its scaped.

So why hasn't there been a picture of the wood arrangement on top of the frame yet?!

Slacker.
Omg yes why not shame on you :p
Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I was thinking ill wait until tanks here tomorrow then try the wood scape in it before its put out to soak??:D

Oh Al, its a whopper!
I like hardscape 1 with the largest longest bottom wood positioned like in number 3.....the uprights are then similar and balanced. I think the upward pointing branches look great and very natural, plus will flow nicely with the fern leaves and plants generally once planted and allow more interest above water for the emergent growth. Kind of opens the scape up rather than confining it if you get me? Just my opinion though, it may all change like you say when you get it in the tank. Rocks will help add a natural feel too so will be good when you have them.
Try to imagine the bits that wont be planted (perhaps the tips of wood, a length of bare wood etc) as they will provide some focal points of the hardscape to draw the eye rather than the rest which is a framework for planting. The unplanted bits can be as important as the planted bits in balancing the scape.

Good luck mate,
Cheerio,
Ady.

You've only realised this now? It isn't a tank, it is a pond!
I dont even think ponds are as heavy as this light ha ha. Its got a label on to say not to fill with water until after 25th which was a shame as im seriously itching to get this up and running now.
It arrived with black silicone though which I dont remember asking for but either way its stunning work. The silicone is so neat. Best ive had so far.

I can't wait to see this up and running.

Me too mate. Itchy feet is understated.
B.t.w. I'm copying your inline reactor for my 1500 liter tank at the moment;)
Good luck edvet let me know how it goes mate. Curious to see how it goes.
That's what she said!.... It really is massive lol

Sent from my HTC Desire C using Tapatalk
did the picture impress the mrs then mate ;)
Tanks arrived then? :)

Ben
Absolutely. :D
Oh Al, its a whopper!
I like hardscape 1 with the largest longest bottom wood positioned like in number 3.....the uprights are then similar and balanced. I think the upward pointing branches look great and very natural, plus will flow nicely with the fern leaves and plants generally once planted and allow more interest above water for the emergent growth. Kind of opens the scape up rather than confining it if you get me? Just my opinion though, it may all change like you say when you get it in the tank. Rocks will help add a natural feel too so will be good when you have them.
Try to imagine the bits that wont be planted (perhaps the tips of wood, a length of bare wood etc) as they will provide some focal points of the hardscape to draw the eye rather than the rest which is a framework for planting. The unplanted bits can be as important as the planted bits in balancing the scape.

Good luck mate,
Cheerio,
Ady.

Totally agree ady. Its a whopper ;)
Im with you on the hardscape mate. Ive had a trial go tonight in the tank and it does look better but until substrate rocks etc go in it could all look different again.
Plus I know ill have to take off an inch or 2 on some bits of wood as they are a tight squeeze now and obviously swell when wet.
I cant take any decent shots either as theres no light over the tank.

Funny too as I was just thinking earlier that I need to make sure some of the ends of the branches still need to be on show and not let them get over run.
Shame there's a black rim round the top as I wanted to be able to see the woods transition from below to above water. May take the strip off if it doesn't look right.

Here's the tank from dragging out of the van to placing on stand in temporary position. Will look better once its panels are put on to hide the frame and base and foam...

Oops pics would help. I wont show pics of purple faced guys almost popping veins lifting it.

10315024634_994f34b095_b.jpg
Untitled by Mr-T-, on Flickr
10315071076_e2f2af5720_b.jpg
10315007854_2f8fa1d4d3_b.jpg

Can't seriously wait to get started

Back