• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Twinstar..what is it?

Is it safe to use the model up from your tank size ? So if you use the one recommended for 200liters on a 100 liter tank, what happens ?

Yeh that's what confused me as I am sure they'd all be the same other than the size of the disc!

I think that it probably has more to do with frequency and duration of operation...e.g. greater frequency and longer duration in a bigger tank and vice-versa for a smaller tank.

I think that it probably has more to do with frequency and duration of operation...e.g. greater frequency and longer duration in a bigger tank and vice-versa for a smaller tank.
That's probably the case for the different tank sizes but they also sell different models within each tank size that apparently have different uses.

Yeah you're right, I'm not convinced that there could be a big difference between those models either.

There is a big difference, the program is different. The capacity of each model is not random, for example the biggest model for plants is the nano plus up to 250 liters. The bigger model to prevent fish diseases is the Yotta Plus, up to 450 liters in mode 3.

Yotta Plus is not as effective as Nano Plus is for algae.

Shrimp models are different as well.

Yeh that's what confused me as I am sure they'd all be the same other than the size of the disc!

The difference between models from the same application is the capacity.

From different applications (green algae, fish or shrimp diseases), the difference is both capacity and the program inside the microprocessor.

Does anybody know can I use twinstar M3 on standard 60cm tank? There is available only M3 and Nano plus in my area, and price difference is about 1.5x. M3 supposed to be used with 20 to 50 liters tank, I suppose it's for really nano tank. I don't understand why local distributor provided smallest and biggest models only. M5 is more universal as I understand.

There is a big difference, the program is different. The capacity of each model is not random, for example the biggest model for plants is the nano plus up to 250 liters. The bigger model to prevent fish diseases is the Yotta Plus, up to 450 liters in mode 3.

Yotta Plus is not as effective as Nano Plus is for algae.

Shrimp models are different as well.
Thanks for confirming that Ricardo. It'd be interesting to know what exactly this difference is though. That is, what the various capacity and programs are and what difference they actually make.

The difference between models from the same application is the capacity.

From different applications (green algae, fish or shrimp diseases), the difference is both capacity and the program inside the microprocessor.
So if you use the one for plants it covers fish and shrimp diseases too? Why would anyone buy the model for shrimp diseases?

Thanks for confirming that Ricardo. It'd be interesting to know what exactly this difference is though. That is, what the various capacity and programs are and what difference they actually make.

You're welcome :)
Depending on the model it can works more or less time, during more or less time with more or less "strength". All of this without a timer.

So if you use the one for plants it covers fish and shrimp diseases too? Why would anyone buy the model for shrimp diseases?

Shrimps models are used for shrimp breeders.

Fish models are not as effective as models for plants to inhibit green algae.

I have just come across the Chihiros Doctor and found this Twinstar thread. What a lot of fuss about it.

Twinstar and the Chihiros doctor are Water Electrolysis devices that produce ozone, which in turn kills algae and prevents competition for nutrients from said algae. It is quite a clever idea, but will never be granted a patent, because there is nothing to patent all the ideas that encompass this have already been done many decades ago, and you cannot patent algorithms unless they solve some technical feat that has previously been unable to do by any other means.

The killing of algae probably allows the plants to have sole use of available nutrients, hence why they seem to grow better with twinstar than without.

It's hardly rocket science.

I have just come across the Chihiros Doctor and found this Twinstar thread. What a lot of fuss about it.

Twinstar and the Chihiros doctor are Water Electrolysis devices that produce ozone, which in turn kills algae and prevents competition for nutrients from said algae. It is quite a clever idea, but will never be granted a patent, because there is nothing to patent all the ideas that encompass this have already been done many decades ago, and you cannot patent algorithms unless they solve some technical feat that has previously been unable to do by any other means.

The killing of algae probably allows the plants to have sole use of available nutrients, hence why they seem to grow better with twinstar than without.

It's hardly rocket science.

Did you test twinstar?

The thread has been there...seen that...done that, and...tried the pie;)
It's a very long convoluted thread so it's difficult to pull random info from, but last I checked the general consensus was it produces micro O2 bubbles, and is not an O3 generator.

Back