• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Solufeed 2:1:4 and Solufeed Sodium Free TEC or Solufeed Coir TEC Combination

A little update.... been using the mix for around 10 days now, and the plants are loving it! It seems to be even better than the TNC Complete it replaced, with everything growing very well. Very happy with @Happi! Thank you!
Hi Cazza, do you have some pictures to share?

Thanks @Happi much appreciated due to start the system up after I've had time to nip to Aquarium Gardens and collect plants. Will be running quite high CO2 for the first three or four weeks and then slowly drop it back down. So dose the above three days out of every six and then water change on the 7th?

Cheers

A similar dry fertilizer to solufeed 2-1-4 is elixier garden supplies high-potassium-fertiliser, Cheaper .. and available on ebay, the declarations read the same

High-potassium-fertiliser
Total nitrogen (N)15.0
Nitrate nitrogen (N)8.1
Ammoniacal nitrogen (N)
Ureic nitrogen (N)7.0
Phosphorus pentoxide (P2O5)6.9(P:3.0)
Potassium oxide (K2O)32.0(K:26.5)
Magnesium oxide (MgO)3.0(Mg:1.9)
Boron (as polyborate)0.021%
Copper (as EDTA)0.010%
Iron (as EDTA)0.175%
Manganese (as EDTA)0.060%
Molybdenum (as molybdate)0.005
Zinc(as EDTA)0.075
[th width="49.6997%"]
Nutrient​
[/th][th width="49.6997%"]
Content(%)​
[/th]​
solufeed 2-1-4
NutrientContent (%)
Total nitrogen (N)15.0
Nitrate nitrogen (N)8.1
Ammoniacal nitrogen (N)-
Ureic nitrogen (N)7.0
Phosphorus pentoxide (P2O5)6.9 (P:3.0)
Potassium oxide (K2O)32.0 (K:26.5)
Magnesium oxide (MgO)3.0 (Mg: 1.9)
Boron (as polyborate)0.021
Copper (as EDTA)0.010
Iron (as EDTA)0.175
Manganese (as EDTA)0.060
Zinc (as EDTA)0.075
Calculated EC at 1 gram per litre1.1475 mS

Hi,
Presumably 412 never gets a mention because of the high Urea and low Nitrate content but I can't help wondering if it may or may not be a better option for daily lean dosing in a soft water CO2 injected tank, I wouldn't really want a ratio of 1-2 Nitrogen-Potassium although I know people are having great success using the 214. Possibly better still, what about a 50-50 mixture of 214 and 412?
I have been curious to ask this since the threads inception and I'm interested in peoples views/input.
Attached are the two products composition sheets for comparison.
Cheers!1726462021247.png1726462151164.png

Hi all,
I can't help wondering if it may or may not be a better option for daily lean dosing in a soft water CO2 injected tank,
I think it might be a better option, I know @Zeus. has regularly microdosed urea (CO(NH2)2) without any issue.
Possibly better still, what about a 50-50 mixture of 214 and 412?
I'm pretty sure <"some plants will do much better"> with more urea. I'd guess it is the <"Orchid / Tomato dichotomy"> and somewhere there maybe a happy medium <"where both will grow">.
....... If I wanted to create a fertiliser that produced a pretty instant greening response, it would be something with a lot of nitrogen, and probably in the form of urea, to reduce the risk of <"fertiliser burn"> in terrestrial plants ......
Presumably 412 never gets a mention because of the high Urea
That was what initially <"put me off">. When I didn't have any livestock <"I used Miracle Gro">, and the plants did really well.

I also felt that the 2 : 1 : 4 formulation was more widely applicable to people, including those people who had <"fish tanks with plants">, rather than <"planted tanks with fish">.
...... With efficient mechanical and biological filtration you can keep fish at <"insane stocking rates">, <"even without plants"> and <"we have plants">.
I thought the fish might supply some fixed nitrogen and if they used tap water as well it could be a "triple whammy" of nitrogen.

cheers Darrel

Last edited:
A similar dry fertilizer to solufeed 2-1-4 is elixier garden supplies high-potassium-fertiliser, Cheaper .. and available on ebay, the declarations read the same

High-potassium-fertiliser

Total nitrogen (N)15.0
Nitrate nitrogen (N)8.1
Ammoniacal nitrogen (N)
Ureic nitrogen (N)7.0
Phosphorus pentoxide (P2O5)6.9(P:3.0)
Potassium oxide (K2O)32.0(K:26.5)
Magnesium oxide (MgO)3.0(Mg:1.9)
Boron (as polyborate)0.021%
Copper (as EDTA)0.010%
Iron (as EDTA)0.175%
Manganese (as EDTA)0.060%
Zinc(as EDTA)0.075

[th width="49.6997%"]
Nutrient

[/th][th width="49.6997%"]
Content(%)

[/th]​

solufeed 2-1-4

NutrientContent (%)
Total nitrogen (N)15.0
Nitrate nitrogen (N)8.1
Ammoniacal nitrogen (N)-
Ureic nitrogen (N)7.0
Phosphorus pentoxide (P2O5)6.9 (P:3.0)
Potassium oxide (K2O)32.0 (K:26.5)
Magnesium oxide (MgO)3.0 (Mg: 1.9)
Boron (as polyborate)0.021
Copper (as EDTA)0.010
Iron (as EDTA)0.175
Manganese (as EDTA)0.060
Zinc (as EDTA)0.075
Calculated EC at 1 gram per litre1.1475 mS

Hi,
Presumably 412 never gets a mention because of the high Urea and low Nitrate content but I can't help wondering if it may or may not be a better option for daily lean dosing in a soft water CO2 injected tank, I wouldn't really want a ratio of 1-2 Nitrogen-Potassium although I know people are having great success using the 214. Possibly better still, what about a 50-50 mixture of 214 and 412?
I have been curious to ask this since the threads inception and I'm interested in peoples views/input.
Attached are the two products composition sheets for comparison.
Cheers!View attachment 222354View attachment 222355

Just for comparison:

1.JPG

as you can see why I choose to Mix one or the other, #4 and #5 are likely your best options, #4 and #5 can be used in both soft or hard water but #5 will be superior due to its DTPA Fe Chelation, especially for hard water.

Recipe for #3 in case

2.JPG

Back