• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Saintly's 240L 'savannah dreaming' scape finished

Re: Saintly's 120cm latest scape

Hi Marc,

nice Hardscape. Is this wood from Manzanita.com ?
I have asked several shops in Germany if they could offer me some - but no chance :thumbdown: have to place an order my self from the US.
Looking forward for more pics, maybe you can record the planting and upload to vimeo?
I enjoyed watching George Farmer setting up a tank, you know the video I mean?

JamesM said:
ideas.jpg

Changed my mind, that's sick! Go with it :thumbup:

Mark, this is beauty. May would keep the way it is now just would hide the equipment. :lol: The best piece of nature ;)
Really like the composition and with a nice selection of plants this tank will rock.

Damn i need to redo mine! :D :thumbup:

you know what? when you're not posting for a few days i start to miss it. but after 3 days not posting makes me thinking i need to worry... as a new shocking stuff will be up there soon :lol: i love this feeling :clap:

Very interesting read Mark, and kudos on the live view technique an extremely clever idea.
The closing of one eye mentioned earlier. Not sure of the validity, but I was always told that as we see three dimensional, closing one eye flattens the perspective, thereby giving an indication as to what the camera sees or is seeing. To how much of or what degree though I can't be certain.

Look forward to seeing how your scape develops.

cheers

Savvanah Dreaming.......yeah buddy!! Cant wait.........keep throwing them pics up!

Cheers guys.

tko187 said:
Savvanah Dreaming.......yeah buddy!! Cant wait.........keep throwing them pics up!

i'll try my best to. :D

tel said:
Very interesting read Mark, and kudos on the live view technique an extremely clever idea.

cheers mate. it's certainly help train my eye to eventually see what a camera may see, but without the camera. TBH, it's not a habit a want to solely rely on.

paul.in.kendal said:
Can you remind us what the tank dimensions are, Mark?

of course mate, it's a 120 x 45 x 45. :thumbup:

Dan Crawford said:
Nice work Mark, the rockwork is the business and the wood adds some much needed height, really nice.

thanks bud.

stuworrall said:
ammit that looks cool! really like that rockwork as well. as jamesm said you could bang in some hc and make a near instant gumi with it!

next scape stu....in 3 months time :lol:

viktorlantos said:
you know what? when you're not posting for a few days i start to miss it. but after 3 days not posting makes me thinking i need to worry... as a new shocking stuff will be up there soon :lol: i love this feeling :clap:

Viktor my friend, it's guys like you that bring happiness to people even from a far away land. Thank you :angelic:

Jur4ik said:
I enjoyed watching George Farmer setting up a tank, you know the video I mean?

i know the one mate. I do plan on recording the planting. I've even considered ripping the hardscape down and recording the re build.

samc said:
man! that wood is stuff you dream about, and the rock base is first class :thumbup:

if i had they money i would love to get some hardscape like this.

you know where to come ;)

LondonDragon said:
Amazing rock work Mark and those pieces of wood are amazing too :) Looking forward to this one thats for sure :)

Thanks paulo. :thumbup:

The next for me is to, reconsider my plant train of thought. After a conversation with james today, he helped me open my eyes a little to the possibilities of trying new plants but keeping the NA theme.

After all my middle name, if I'm not careful will be 'rotala' :lol:

Love it, Mark, The rock work is amazing. I can't help but think you got even better wood than me though. ;)
What are you thinking regarding planting? I really think the bigger anubias would finish the scape perfectly.

Re: Saintly's 'savannah dreaming'

Savannah Dreaming sounds like there'll be a sandy foreground ... what are your plans mate?

Fully planted foreground is more tropical forest like ..

Jur4ik said:
Savannah Dreaming sounds like there'll be a sandy foreground ... what are your plans mate?

Fully planted foreground is more tropical forest like ..

true, and i was tempted to change the name, but the 'dreaming' part could mean a sandy foreground that dreams of something else ;) ...like plants. Theres always a twist in names.

miracle mire was my fave name. mire, being something rancid, then receiving a miracle....of plants.

plants so far...

liliaopsis
crypt bullosa
crypto wendetti
tenellus
stems, several varieties including hygrophila (red) ....not rotala

microsorum sp. narrow
anubis bonsai
bolbiotis
moss
c helferi

a few more maybe.

I often read the forum, but I don't often write here. Any time I look at journals topic, I always see your beautiful tanks. It seems to be an other one of them, and I'm really looking forward to seeing it.:)
Good luck! :thumbup:
Peter

*heaps more praise on top of the existing mountain of praise*

That is seriously sweet looking! That rock base is so natural looking. I'd half expect falcons to be chasing rabbits on the plains!

peti44 said:
I often read the forum, but I don't often write here. Any time I look at journals topic, I always see your beautiful tanks. It seems to be an other one of them, and I'm really looking forward to seeing it.:)
Good luck! :thumbup:
Peter

many thanks peter, i hope i can maintain the look after planting. :D

flygja said:
That is seriously sweet looking! That rock base is so natural looking. I'd half expect falcons to be chasing rabbits on the plains!

The rock base at the moment, is causing me a headache or 2. reason being, i'm unsure what to plant their. :?

The obvious one without losing the rocks, is HC but then I'm not up for all the trimming. That said, I'd like a carpet similar to what I had in my LFS display. (thanks to George for tips)

The low level of up keep that i wanted, is slowly going out of the window. stems, HC foreground etc....But this is what i relish secretly. 8)

Wow, that looks so amazing.
Would you mind telling where did you get that wood from? ;)

Back