• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Saintly's 240L 'savannah dreaming' scape finished

Re: Saintly's 'savannah dreaming'

great tank sam. believe me, i've looked at nearly every amano image available. my aquajournals are getting taty now. :lol:

with the above image, the rocks would be lost to some degree, but that was what i was thinking about from the start. actually, your tank inspired me to some degree mate. A tank that hasn't got the praise it deserves IMO ;)

saintly said:
believe me, i've looked at nearly every amano image available. my aquajournals are getting taty now. :lol:

i was like that when rescaping mine, dont you love it when you find a new one :lol:

saintly said:
actually, your tank inspired me to some degree mate. A tank that hasn't got the praise it deserves IMO ;)

thanks very much mate :D im glad i could inspire you some. i have been inspired by your tanks for the last few years

What rock have you used in this layout?

I have a feeling that a low maintenance scape is gonna bore you... which you will rescape in under 2 months :lol:

flygja said:
have a feeling that a low maintenance scape is gonna bore you... which you will rescape in under 2 months :lol:

true, and the planting scheme has been a real pain to decide. not sure in which way to take it.

I'm close to the final choice.

HC
liliaeopsis
tenellus
e acicularis
microsorum 'narrow'
m umbrosum
crypt bullosa
crypt undulatus
moss 'java'
vallis nana

This may change in the next 12 hours. once sorted I'll be planting next week. 8)

the wood has changed slightly, so I can emphasise the 'focal point'

playing around with what moss I had and 'narrow' leaved fern, I'm real optimistic about the out come.

Plant list as follows

HC
E. Tenellus
Lilaeopsis
Java moss on stones
Rotala rotundifolia :wideyed: grown in a different way ;)
M Umbrosum
Vallis Nana bunch
crypt bullosa
crypt petchii
Bolbitus
crypt nevellii
microsorum 'narrow'
undultas green

FishBeast said:
Look forward to it
thanks fish beast. the onslaught has begun. I've tied my moss stones, prepared my fern, acquired some additional crypts.

next week the plants arrive so to more enjoyable work :D

Another plant which will be making it's way into the setup.

A new for me.

bolbitis.

bolbitis.jpg

Jase said:
Are you sure about using the Rotala?

yes, but I'm doing something rather different with it. All will become clear later ;)

Jamesm will vouch for my plan

Bolbitis is a cool plant for sure.

It makes a nice riparium subject for a roomy tank. The emersed-form leaves grow quite large and develop a shape distinct from that of the underwater leaves.

bolbitis looks great when its been in a tank for a while. it has that layered look. i spoke to luiz a while back about his. if you can remember that awesome tank? he said he allways cuts all the leaves off when planting.

i have it in mine actually. it grew really quick to start with but has not changed in the slightest in months o_O

Back