• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • You can now follow UKAPS on Instagram.

Oase BioMaster Thermo External Filter

Andy11UK

Is a lot of the air issues due to maxed media baskets causing it to stuck air from else where - I had 2 issues one a leak that was fixed by a new inlet/outlet piece dry seals, it was slso spitting air ever so often and I really limited the amount of bio media in each tray and used the course sponge, and it seems OK (was Matrix), may or may not be a thing,

Ivan Stoyanov

I have the oase biomaster 850 from some time. What I see for now and I'm not happy about it :)
The prefilter sponges make the biggest problem. I tried 20, 30, 45 ppi. With finer sponges the filter is louder with 20 ppi, he is ok but after 4-5 days he starts to get loader. No lose at flow, but after he starts to get louder, he starts to make and air bubbles. For me, most of the problem is about pre filter. Soon will try 10 ppi and aftrr without, if this will fix the problems.

MOLOKOmilk

I change orange filter spong on top, for Seachem Purigen. Nothing has changed. Still bubles.
I continue to contact the factory. But they have such stupid answers for this issue... I can understand from their answers, that, they don't know themselves too, the reason of this "air bubless" issue. ((Answers like - "your internet not worikng? Try to restart your router and pc!!!"))
Patience is running out, I am already starting planning a return of this filter in shop.

Also I remember and will clarify for another people, that this bubbles and loud noise - not just single issue. This bubbles gona breake your roter and pump. Becouse, than you see bubles - it's mean, that pump works at this moment "on dry", without water. It wears out all parts very much.
I myself, just ignored this issue like a year, and after this - the pump began to wedge and seize. The filter stopped and no longer pumped water, until restart. The sounds were already unusual, it's starts make cracking noises. VERY loud. And the vibration was so strong in the cabinet, that water in my 205 liters aquerium - starts vibrate too. One fish jumped out altogether, becouse this vibration started at deep night, and it's very scared of the fish and me too. Waking up late at night is not very pleasant....

Ivan Stoyanov

He is going for sell, can't fix him :)
Now I try eheim 3e 700, he is ok, but he not like my AM co2 reactor and not allow me to increase the flow to max. I wish to not sold my old eheim pro4+ 600.