• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • Most of the remaining team are off on holiday meaning the forum does not have sufficient cover. As such the site will be placed in maintenance mode where it can be viewed but no posts/threads can be made and will remain this way until August 11th, apologies for the inconvience.

New pheonix 60x30x30 scape.

Tank, on it's new stand, in it's new position.
dscf2794l.jpg

I just need a tin of grey paint and it'll look very ada. :twisted:

Looking good garuf. Shame about the cheap and nasty cabinet. :lol:

Hope this shows how I braced mine. I`m certain it needed it.

CO2006pb.jpg

Dave.

Cheers Dave, here's what I did to mine. I used the shelve vertically at the backthen pinned this in place then used 3 12x10 shelve brackets to square and reinforce everything. Total cost, £37.24. Cheap as chips! 😉
dscf2796x.jpg

As with any new setup though Sam.
I'm thinking I should be fully planted by Wednesday and I'll fill it then. Got some fissidens coming for the wood and the remaining part of my order, (hairgrass) 😀
My only worry is that by keeping the tank dry everything drys out, I hope it wont, it's sealed and I've been misting it so I can't see why it would.
Can't wait to see it filled though, it's been too long. It's taken me over a year to buy a stand the tanks never looked better! :lol:

Thank you James. Nothing to report except that everything is still nice and moist. I've been looking for fish and I'm really taken with Microrasbora kubotai I might resort to online buying at the rate it's going, the lfs here is pretty indifferent.

I spoke to Monty (possibly) at Trimar and he says he can get them. I think they're lovely fish. rasbora axlerodi are very nice too. I'd like some aspistos, infact I'd thought about having nothing but aspisto's...

I think that's one of the names they go by yes, neon yellow is the common name I've always seen. The scapes pretty complex so I want some really understand fish ideally. if all else fails I've a soft spot for neon tetras.

Yeah, as nelson said MA @ Enfield (which is 5 minutes away from me) always has them in, they look like great fish. I'm not sure if it's too far for you though mate.

It's looking great, I like the diverse plant selection. I'm a big fan of all of your aquascapes so keep us posted on how everything goes.

Hmm true, I like that they're a single colour. I'm a brown fish fan myself, I'd really like some moth Hara's but they're another one that's rare. We'll see! Bit soon to be picking fish I guess.

Thanks Thomas, I'll keep you all updated don't worry. I fancy myself as the next saintly. 😉
Yeah, I'm in Leeds so it's epic quest territory, I don't think it'd be fair on the fish carrying them back home on the train.

Looks like someone didn't soak their wood... 😛

It's great, I love the hardscape still. Should fill out nicely!

Back