• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Journal 2 . Finaly, 4ft 238l CLOSEING down today 1st May

Re: Journal 2 . Finaly, 4ft 238l updated 25th feb

Flyfisherman said:
arh - your back - are you OK - :shh:

I have also found that some of my go into a dormont period of time, then they come back growing steady - I surpose you cannot expect them to grow all the time - 24/7 - 365.

Regards
paul.
Yeah im back mate, have truble getting the net at mo so i use a friends when i can. I suppose ur right there, maybe they are just asleep. :) I kinda hope so because i just about get there and then the plants seem to vanish.

Are they dying off? Anything that might be eating/damaging the plants? I had issues with apple snails. I bought the wrong type and it took me a while to realise that the little buggers were munching the base of the stems and killing everything off :(

SteveUK said:
Are they dying off? Anything that might be eating/damaging the plants? I had issues with apple snails. I bought the wrong type and it took me a while to realise that the little buggers were munching the base of the stems and killing everything off :(

I do have a brislenose plec, Would that be killing them?

I've not kept BN's myself, but I have a feeling they're one of those fish that - if they take a fancy to your plants - can sometimes be a problem. Someone may correct me on that though :)

chilled84 said:
SteveUK said:

Chilli
Have a read at the attached thread: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5433#p60018

Regards
Paul.

Flyfisherman said:
chilled84 said:
SteveUK said:

Chilli
Have a read at the attached thread: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5433#p60018

Regards
Paul.

o god, not looking to good for the plec, i like him too.

BREEDING: The caridina japonica larvae won't survive in a fresh water tank. They need brackish water during the first weeks. In nature, they get carried downstream after hatching. This is obviously impossible in a tank, so you'll just have to improvise. One method is to put the mother into a separate tank until the larvae hatch, then remove her and gradually raise the salinity (your basic cooking salt will do) to about 17 grammes per litre. You can also prepare the nursery tank in advance and just suck the larvae out with a hose. An easy way to do this is to switch off the lights and lure them to one corner of the tank via a flashlight. I've heard yeast is a very good starter food. Once the fry has grown up past the larvae stage you can just put them back in a fresh water tank. They won't mind the change at all. As far as I know, the fertilization of the eggs takes place while they're still inside the ovary. The mother will later carry the eggs around on her belly for protection. You can easily discern them, they have a greyish colour, a bit like caviar. Happy shrimp nursing!

http://www.aquahobby.com/gallery/e_shrimp.php

JamesM said:
BREEDING: The caridina japonica larvae won't survive in a fresh water tank. They need brackish water during the first weeks. In nature, they get carried downstream after hatching. This is obviously impossible in a tank, so you'll just have to improvise. One method is to put the mother into a separate tank until the larvae hatch, then remove her and gradually raise the salinity (your basic cooking salt will do) to about 17 grammes per litre. You can also prepare the nursery tank in advance and just suck the larvae out with a hose. An easy way to do this is to switch off the lights and lure them to one corner of the tank via a flashlight. I've heard yeast is a very good starter food. Once the fry has grown up past the larvae stage you can just put them back in a fresh water tank. They won't mind the change at all. As far as I know, the fertilization of the eggs takes place while they're still inside the ovary. The mother will later carry the eggs around on her belly for protection. You can easily discern them, they have a greyish colour, a bit like caviar. Happy shrimp nursing!

http://www.aquahobby.com/gallery/e_shrimp.php
Just need a small tank now. :thumbup: Thanks bud.

Got mysellf some new lights today. Bought myself 2 rena twin 30watt lights of johnnypy, Thanks mate :thumbup:

now i have 130watts at my fingertips! yipee. Now i need to figure out EI to match and how much co2 in bubbles per sec! Game on rotala, Game on! I will get you rotala! :twisted:

Re: Journal 2 . Finaly, 4ft 238l updated 24th April

SteveUK said:
That sucks! I sent it first class :( Mind, I just stuck a first class stamp on it.. Maybe I should of put 2 on?
haha, was it in a tub? If they open it, And see my adress they may think its drugs lol and come knocking on my door lol. :lol:

Re: Journal 2 . Finaly, 4ft 238l updated 26th April

Ok, so now i have my final layout and im very happy with it. Time to ajust ferts and co2 bps to match! I realy excited now, and can see the jungle effect i have always dreamed of comeing together. All this would not be possible if UKAPS was never here, Thanks UKAPS. It also would not have turned out like this without its members too.

A big thanks to all that have contributed on here to this scape. You know who you are. :thumbup:

Comments people. Advice too. :thumbup:

Re: Journal 2 . Finaly, 4ft 238l updated 24th April

1002894o.jpg

1002893a.jpg

1002889.jpg

Back