• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Journal 2 . Finaly, 4ft 238l CLOSEING down today 1st May

Re: Journal 2 . Finaly, 4ft 238l updated 24th April

Just be patient! They'll drop as and when they feel the need. Anecdotal observations suggest feeding them up just how people do with fish helps increase success rates.

Re: Journal 2 . Finaly, 4ft 238l updated 24th April

1002906d.jpg

Waterchange Pearling, Yummy, So fun to watch.

1002888f.jpg

And my new lighting within the hood.

And to think all that came from this and help from UKAPS! Fantastic! :thumbup:

1001664.jpg

Re: Journal 2 . Finaly, 4ft 238l updated 29th April

Such a good change, that first picture shows such improvement, even the aquascaping has evolved marvelously.

Re: Journal 2 . Finaly, 4ft 238l updated 29th April SHRIMP P

how are you raising the salinity, I've been reading about breeding amanos and was under the impression only infertile eggs were dropped as eggs where as the female will fan and release zoa's rather than eggs if they were fertile? Dusko has a very good read on breeding them on his blog and I suggest it's much simpler than we give credit for.

yeah.really liking the manzi ;) .got any more.

nelson said:
yeah.really liking the manzi ;) .got any more.

sorry nelson, i dont have any more manzi, That was bought of timmi a whiole back on here, Not a big amount, what you see is what i had. Im waiting for some to come up for sale on here.

Re: Journal 2 . Finaly, 4ft 238l updated 30tth April

:lol: .i've got some.i meant a bit more in your tank would look good.

CONFUSED MOMENT,

I have noticed that even with my new t8 4 x 30w lights that i seem to have dark rear corners withing the tank?? How can i prevent this?? I also seem still to be haveing slow growing rotala compared to most others, Any ideas why this is? :crazy:

ok, i'm unfamiliar with T8 but with T 5...24w is 60cm wide, 39w is 90, 54w is 120 or there abouts.

if T8 is the same size, you may need to 'spread' them evenly across the tank?

saintly said:
ok, i'm unfamiliar with T8 but with T 5...24w is 60cm wide, 39w is 90, 54w is 120 or there abouts.

if T8 is the same size, you may need to 'spread' them evenly across the tank?

1002888f.jpg

This is the setup, they stretch right across the top, cant move em any more, how about ferts for that size? would that effect growth speed? Or is it my spirel difuser?

there shining through glass right? this may hinder some light. with these being t8 you'll be getting less light than expected.

I can see 4 tubes I think, stagger them. :thumbup: I wouldn't dose the 'full' EI dosing for that size tank, with that light. spiral diffusers IME are not great on such a big tank I'm afraid to say....Glass, or better still in line.

saintly said:
there shining through glass right? this may hinder some light. with these being t8 you'll be getting less light than expected.

I can see 4 tubes I think, stagger them. :thumbup: I wouldn't dose the 'full' EI dosing for that size tank, with that light. spiral diffusers IME are not great on such a big tank I'm afraid to say....Glass, or better still in line.

Yeah it through glass as i dont think electric and water mix, i have cats so lid has to stay. Im also gota watch funds but would love to try glass difuser or inline.

im sure i install those lights into peoples kitchens in highrise estates in southlondon? haha

very very veeeeery nice tank.:)

Re: Journal 2 . Finaly, 4ft 238l updated 5th April

nayr88 said:
im sure i install those lights into peoples kitchens in highrise estates in southlondon? haha

very very veeeeery nice tank.:)

Im sure you possibly do, t8s are very popular, But mine are RENA and im sure they dont mate household light fittings. Thanks for comment thou, whether you have thread my journal on the other hand is a question for another day. :thumbup:

Back