• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

IFC Aquarium Fertilizer Calculator

I think that just illustrates how hard @Hanuman anx @Zeus. have worked on this and given up their time to give us this calculator. Thanks guys.
Plus we both enjoyed the challenge of making a easy/reliable way to compare, clone and make ferts without doing the maths each time for ourselves and sharing it FOC gives something back to the hobby/community we both enjoy.

Is there a way to add in our own trace element mix? Or to see the % composition of the ones in the sheet in order to identify which is closest?
I use a micro mix sold by Aquagreen in Australia that is very popular in Australia and would probably be worth having in, it is an EDTA CSM+B mix from Amgrow, the makeup is;
Aquagreen Amgrow Mix
Fe 7.5%
Mn 3.7%
Zn 0.6%
Cu 0.3%
B 0.7%
Mo 0.2%
Thanks so much for this great tool, it is making fert mixing so simple.
I am just wondering if this micro mix powder could be added into the next version?

Is there a way to add in our own trace element mix?
Thanks so much for this great tool, it is making fert mixing so simple.
I am just wondering if this micro mix powder could be added into the next version?
Sorry I missed this. There is no way for the user to add its own mix to the calculator, it's way too involved and since VBA is excluded from the calculator it would be very difficult to code so that user is able to do such additions.

Let me see if I can add that mix to the next release which is currently being worked on. No promises. I'll talk with @Zeus. see what we can do.

Or to see the % composition of the ones in the sheet in order to identify which is closest?
For this you can use the DIYTraceCalculator and use the compare dropdown list.

Last edited:
Sorry I missed this. There is no way for the user to add its own mix to the calculator, it's way too involved and since VBA is excluded from the calculator it would be very difficult to code so that user is able to do such additions.

Let me see if I can add that mix to the next release which is currently being worked on. No promises. I'll talk with @Zeus. see what we can do.

For this you can use the DIYTraceCalculator and use the compare dropdown list.
thanks so much.

Is there a way to add in our own trace element mix? Or to see the % composition of the ones in the sheet in order to identify which is closest?
I use a micro mix sold by Aquagreen in Australia that is very popular and would be worth having in, it is an EDTA CSM+B mix from Amgrow, the makeup is;
I missed it also :oops:

Like @Hanuman said could do with Data sheet or pic of the package showing the composition ;)

Hi
I might be being really stupid or missing something obvious - but how do you actually open the calculator?

None of the links seem to lead anywhere for me?

Hi
I might be being really stupid or missing something obvious - but how do you actually open the calculator?

None of the links seem to lead anywhere for me?
Hi. On the OP:
Screen Shot 2022-01-28 at 14.25.02.jpg

As you can tell @Hanuman takes care of the Version numbers and lots of the other finer coding detail as he is excellent at it. When theirs a team it is always best to use each others strengths 😁 - I'm good at lightning bolts 😅

Thank you very much to the friends who made this calculator.
You are great.

I have a few questions about DIY fertilization.

1-What should be the pH value of our all-in-one fertilization?

2- How should the mixing order be?
For example, is the following order correct?

ascorbic acid- potassium sorbate-edta-nitrate-phosphate-potassium-microelements-iron or csbm+

3-Can we add 3% Glutaraldehyde to all-in-one fertilization?

Thank you for your kind words and great to hear you find it useful 😁
1-What should be the pH value of our all-in-one fertilization?
if you add the ascorbic acid and potassium sorbate to the water first it should reach its optimum pH with it being a weal acid I think its will be about 5pH 😬 @X3NiTH or @dw1305 will correct me if the 5pH is incorrect. But I have never taken the pH of my ferts I just add the ascorbic acid- potassium sorbate
2- How should the mixing order be?

I don't think it matters for Macros, AIO and Micros (when using a premixed micro mix) @X3NiTH will correct me if wrong
When making a DIY trace solutions there is an order which is on the bottom of the DIY Trace page(if you are on latest release)
1643894582440.png

Hi all,
But I have never taken the pH of my ferts I just add the ascorbic acid- potassium sorbate
optimum pH with it being a weak acid I think its will be about 5pH
As long as it is well below pH7, then it is pretty much irrelevant even if it is down to pH3, once it is added to the tank you have the dilution effect of the tank water.

cheers Darrel

Back