• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Consistency Deficiency

My Mo solution turned an interesting fresh lime green color when I first added it to the water with vit-c and p.sorbate, but then over night it turned the interesting dark jeans blue as pictured above. I am thinking it has reacted to the vit-c or the acidity somehow but hopefully not in a harmful way

You don’t need to acidify the single salt concentrate mixes (Cu, Ni and Mo). You only need to add the Ascorbic acid and preservative to the main concoction water before adding the larger volumes dry salts and any concentrates.

:)

Now, I’m a soil user so take this with a pinch of salt but I generally find that plants when going through adaptation tend to do it at the expense of overall robustness. Then about a month or so later you’ll look at the tank and they have either runted out or they turn a corner and things are tickety boo, the trick seems to be not panicking and fiddling with everything and just dutifully plodding on futzing around the edges with co2 and only the dosing if you get real issues in otherwise hardy plants.

Soil and sand is not really comparable @Garuf , there is nothing for them in the substrate and they're pretty damn chlorotic at the moment. I dont think its fair to describe me adjusting the ferts at this point as panicking

Nothing to react with other than itself providing the carrier water has a very low to zero TDS such as RO/DI. Mine has remained unchanged for years, as good as the day I mixed it.

:)
welp for the next batch of stock solutions Ill do it that way. maybe in 200years:lol: there are no reprecussions for adding the preservatives, right?

@Hufsa

is there anything siting at the bottom of the solution? it will look like brown/rusty color.

1648572466901.png

It shouldn't, its ammonium molybdate, but purchased from eBay so there is a potential flaw there i suppose?
The funky color has me pretty confused so it would be great to figure it out.
I just hope its still plant available in the micro mix...
I could knock up another batch without preservatives and see if it stays yellow-lime

20220329_222642.jpg

The impurities listed here would surely have a lot of zeroes in front of them if the amount of ammonium molybdate I used was 1.2g in 500ml?
Would a reaction with impurities cause this amount of blue color?

What the 😂
I dont even know what this means
as long as you're adding SOME you're probably fine, especially with tap! is what i think john is trying to say lol.

Haha probably a bit unfair...

First reference is referring to the unknown parameters you'll undoubtedly end up chasing trying to track down the holy grail.

Second reference is the film "The sixth sense"... "icy dead people"

All good mate, just having a bit of fun 😀

First reference is referring to the unknown parameters you'll undoubtedly end up chasing trying to track down the holy grail.
I see myself more of a "least shitty option" kind of person 😁👍

Second reference is the film "The sixth sense"... "icy dead people"
Still dont get it :lol: I give up :dead:

Must I remind people that "unnecessarily complicated" is practically my middle name?

Back