• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Changed to a Sera Co2 Reactor 1000. Gave up on inline diffuser for my planted tank.

So what is happening with your PH profile and your drop checker now, Bhu?

I'll have to watch the videos when I get home from work.

It's been at 6.4 all day checked it every 30 mins. So at least it's constant! The DC still dark green though... How do you feel about the noise level? sorry just saw the end of your post. Ok let me know later.

The co2 goes off at 4pm so will check the pH after that for a few hours too...

So you ended up using two intakes out outputs? One for the canister filter and one for the eheim compact? I'm trying to also figure out the best way to use the two pump option, one having co2 and the other without. I guess ideally you would run two spray bars each half length so together they make up the whole length. Then run co2 to both. But that might only work well if the pumps output speeds are similar or can be matched up somehow. And you have to buy two co2 reactors or diffusers. Hmm.

Might go with the two full length spray bar option. One above the other to keep flow moving well since I don't have another co2 diffuser.

Sounds pretty quiet Bhu, fingers crossed it won't keep me awake :)

So a bit worrying that you did not get the PH drop right? I don't know enough about that side of things yet, but does that not indicate a problem with the CO2 level in your tank?

Sounds pretty quiet Bhu, fingers crossed it won't keep me awake :)

So a bit worrying that you did not get the PH drop right? I don't know enough about that side of things yet, but does that not indicate a problem with the CO2 level in your tank?
Well as its already dissolved, and the flow is x10+ I think it might be that the plants can use it quicker than the DC can register it. I will slowly up the BC over the next few days and see what I get. I don't want to kill my fish off ;) The plants seem very happy today, pearling gently, no sign of melt from the crypts and that's at 80% light for 5 hours. The only algae that's become a problem is the BBA due to all the fluctuations in the co2 level while I've been sorting it out. I added a SAE today so hopefully by the end of the week it will have a big belly ;) Will take a reading before bed so will be many hours after lights out and co2 off so hopefully the pH will have risen slightly. I will need to be up at 5 in the morning to get a reading just before the co2 comes on. That's the one that will really let me know whats what.

Over all im not worried as the constant pH throughout the day would imply that the co2 is constant. Will keep you posted ;~)

Cool, look forward to another update :)

I wanted an SAE for my aquarium, but I'm guessing he might get a bit big for a 60x45x45 right?

Well talking to my LFS they said they would take them back when really big. So buy them small grow them up and give them back. Its only a £2 fish after all. Once they are large they get lazy eating BBA anyhow! So yes you could get a small one... But you will need a lid as they are jumpers! Im wishing id got 3 of them now ;)

So just took another reading guess what... still pH 6.4 but hovering to 6.5 So a slight change, very slight... ha ha ha might just have to bite the bullet and get up at 5am test the water and go back to bed lol

I'm planning on a perspex cover, already got the ADA clips to hold it. I'll have a word with my LFS and see if they will do similar.

As for 5 am, I will make sure I set my phone to "Do Not Disturb" in case I get a Tapatalk notification ;)

Reactions: Bhu
Might go with the two full length spray bar option. One above the other to keep flow moving well since I don't have another co2 diffuser.

Yes I think that's the best approach. Mine is temporary using the crook in one corner until I can be bothered to make a clear acrylic bend to the left crook to make my right one ;)

Hi Nice setup. Loved your tank.
still pH 6.4 but hovering to 6.5 So a slight change, very slight
Are you using a hobby grade pH test kit?
When I tried to do a ph profile for my tank, my API test kit couldn't register ph values below 6. I got an electronic ph reader, and the vales taken were more accurate.

Its only a £2 fish after all. Once they are large they get lazy eating BBA anyhow! So yes you could get a small one.
I had 8 SAEs in my tank and were working efficiently but once the Rummynose tetras were in the tank, they simply forgot about the algae. They would simply hang around with the Rummys and out compete for the flakes. In the end I had to give them away to a LFS.

Hi Zak Rafik

I'm using an electronic pH stick, which I calicbrated before use to buffer 7 and it was spot on. Yes I've left these chemical test kits behind now. I was so dissapointed to hear that they are not accurate. I used to love doing the tests. I used to do triathlons and chemical tests in chemistry ;)

Well my SAE better do his job! With all the messing about with the co2 I have BBA all over the place on the wood and a bit on plants too now!

No sign of my tiny SAE this morning, thinking I should have got 3 lol...

:) yup! The duvet won! Managed a 6.30 am which was slightly different from yesterday as it was pH 6.3. All the plants look great even the anubias is loosing its GSA :) crypts looking good too! Today will be the day to see the real pearling I hope. Can't find the new little SAE wish I'd got 3 for sure now!

My LFS has a SH Eheim pro 3 1200xl T for sale at £295!!! I was so tempted! Could put it in the other corner of the room and run the pipes to the tank lol only need one pump then ;) have you noise tested your 600 yet?

Can't find the new little SAE
Give him/her some slack. Starting to live in a beautiful tank such as yours may have overwhelmed him/her.:)

All the plants look great even the anubias is loosing its GSA crypts looking good too!
Very glad to hear it.:cool:

Today will be the day to see the real pearling I hope
Enjoy the show.:joyful:

My LFS has a SH Eheim pro 3 1200xl T for sale at £295!!! I was so tempted! Could put it in the other corner of the room and run the pipes to the tank lol only need one pump then ;) have you noise tested your 600 yet?

Not yet, if you check my journal you will see that charterhouse still have not fully resolved the issue with the damaged filter, 3 weeks on now!

Back