• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
Took a very quick video yesterday after switching to the lovely glass spraybar that Alastair sent me. Getting much nicer flow (albeit still relatively low compared to you high tech people) right across the width and depth of the tank now.

(click the HD button!)

Some of the plants are still looking a touch bruised and bewildered, but considering it's only been set up a few days I'm quite pleased. Carpet is going to take some filling in, but the substrate is actually getting some light now so the Lilleaopsis won't have to grow in the dark anymore!

0iff.jpg

z8iu.jpg

You have an incredible talent Tom.....
An amazing tank without half the faff of us high tech fools chasing co2 levels, lighting and flow!
I love it.

Hi Tom,

Your set-up never fails to blow me away and the latest changes have just taken it to a new level.

I adore the fact that you have put the fish first and foremost, yet the aesthetics aren't compromised. This is a rare feat in this hobby. It is slice of nature in its truest form and it's one of my favourite set-ups of all time. Thanks so much for sharing.

I hope you don't mind me sharing it on my Twitter. I have over a thousand followers so hopefully word will spread about this incredible tank and aquascape.

9096749471_a12e9d16d5.jpg
Tom's shallow tank on Twitter by George Farmer, on Flickr

Cheers,
George

Just wanted to post a quick note to say that I've just got my first rosy loach fry
icon_smile.gif

Exactly the same setup as for breeding the Sawbwa resplendens earlier (25 litre tank, full of plants and moss, a few shrimp and a mesh to protect the eggs. Put in a trio and left them to get on with it for a few days. Just spotted the first two wrigglers today, so removed the adults and will have to wait and see how many I get (probably only a few).

Yeah, looks amazing. How do you actually rescape something like this?

It wasn't too bad actually. Obviously I couldn't move much of the hardscape around without disturbing too much soil, but most of the plants (ferns, hydrocotyles, pellia) aren't rooted but just grow loose or attached to bits of wood, so they could easily be repositioned. So it was just a case of pulling everything out then uprooting and replanting the crypts and some of the Lilleaopsis and Eleocharis, then putting everything else back in.

Back