• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Week aqua users

Not that I can see! I used to use the manual function to turn on the lights for a clean/water change because I normally do it before the photoperiod. I had to go into settings as if I was changing my schedule and change the time to 8am so the lights stayed on.

Only if the time changes to the current time. So I had to change the schedule to 8am. Hopefully it doesn't mess with things later.
WTF. Haven't updated yet and looking at what they have done I am pondering if I should

Hello ! My phone accidentally auto updated the app. Now I can't reach the LED, the bluetooth device scanner won't find it...And I have to mention that this is my 2nd phone which is not able to connect with the lamp. (it worked pretty good for a while, then I had to remove the device, and then it won't find the LED ever again) Is there any way to reset the lamp ? I know I could buy another bluetooth module, but I'd rather spend my money on a new Chihiros WRGB II lol.

I've been following this thread very closely. I've been researching this light brand and I'm going to get two of the a430 pros. I've looked at the chihiros vivid 2 and the price is nearly double which I cant justify at the moment. I've spoken with a few aquascapers online and they say the lights are amazing and give good colour rendition. How has the updates improved the app? Did chihiros start the same way?

Hi all,

<"I know I'm a luddite">, but I would be really unhappy if I had a to buy a light which didn't have a manual over-ride ("on / off switch").

cheers Darrel
You can unplug it 🤣 - there's your manual over-ride right there!
I've been following this thread very closely. I've been researching this light brand and I'm going to get two of the a430 pros. I've looked at the chihiros vivid 2 and the price is nearly double which I cant justify at the moment. I've spoken with a few aquascapers online and they say the lights are amazing and give good colour rendition. How has the updates improved the app? Did chihiros start the same way?
Yes chihiros started moreless the same.

Hi all ! well, I wasn't able to connect to my WeekAqua Phoenix L1200Pro for days, so...I bought a Chihiros WRGBII, guess what!! :D It worked instantly. I had troubles to connect to the WeekAqua multiple times btw. It's a shame because the LED itself is very good, but the light control electronics, and the app is quite bad.

Hi all ! well, I wasn't able to connect to my WeekAqua Phoenix L1200Pro for days, so...I bought a Chihiros WRGBII, guess what!! :D It worked instantly. I had troubles to connect to the WeekAqua multiple times btw. It's a shame because the LED itself is very good, but the light control electronics, and the app is quite bad.
Did you try this?
IMG_9968.PNG

Yes, I did. I tried it for 1-2 mins, 10 mins- 30 mins, then for 10 hours. After that I tried to remove the battery (which only stores the time btw). I will try to buy another Bluetooth module soon (not that expensive btw). Also, I have some information, that bluetooth 3.0 modules coming for WeekAqua in a few months, so the brand may gradually improve !

I updated the app. Unfortunately all the settings were erased in the process so had to reconfigure both my lights. Not a major problem as it was rather basic.
There is a sunset/sunrise feature but it seems to be only usable for their preconfigured modes. Odd. Strangely there is also this "Advanced mode" at the bottom where one can also set the sunrise/sunset, which I have set. Let's see if it works tomorrow.

Overall the new app is still doing some weird stuff but less in comparison to the older app version. Seems more stable but it still needs some polishing and improvements I think.

@Courtneybst I see what you mean now regarding the on/off. Only way to turn the light on, if it is off, is to change the schedule. Weird indeed but fortunately it's simple enough with the time slider.

there is also this "Advanced mode" at the bottom where one can also set the sunrise/sunset, which I have set. Let's see if it works tomorrow.
Did it let you do this at a custom brightness level? I'm intrigued to see if it works without being on 100%, it's such a basic feature...
Only way to turn the light on, if it is off, is to change the schedule. Weird indeed but fortunately it's simple enough with the time slider.
Yep. Annoying but luckily not had any issues doing it so far. I would have never chanced it with the old app in fear of screwing everything up.

Did it let you do this at a custom brightness level? I'm intrigued to see if it works without being on 100%, it's such a basic feature...
Nope and it makes no sense. You cannot change the power when using a custom spectrum. It only allows you to change the power if you are using one of their pre-set (Green, Red, Mixed, Gorgeous (whatever that means) or Colorful). What I did was I just used one of the closest looking preset they have to make the sunrise. The last one is my actual custom spectrum (I named it 'Balanced low'). This is for my shrimp tank so light is pretty low anyway: Like so:
IMG_9973.PNG

I am not sure this will work though. I am waiting tomorrow morning to see what it does.

Just to report on the above and more.
The above settings worked but there is one condition to this. Before you quit the app you need to stay in the 'Advanced Settings' page. The light seems to remember which pages you are on before quitting the app. So for instance if you go the 'Mode Setting' page before quitting then the sunrise/sunset will not work. It will simply stick to the settings on the 'Mode Setting' page. Also, let's say you configured everything in the 'Mode Setting' page and do no wish to have any sunrise/sunset so you leave the 'Advanced Setting' empty but for some reason you go to the 'Advanced Setting' page and then quit the app, your light will simply not turn on or off according to the schedule you set in the 'Mode Setting' page.

Other than this I have yet to experience any settings disappearing or very weird stuff like with the old app. Crossing fingers.

Seems we are still not out of the woods with this app but it is slightly more fluid than the previous one. I have also asked Week Aqua to PLEASE include the English version of the update logs in the iOS App Store. As it currently is, it's all in Chinese.

my wrgb2 pro red channel suddenly stopped working. am seriously considering the P900, from the video, the app looks usable (hopefully).

my wrgb2 pro red channel suddenly stopped working. am seriously considering the P900, from the video, the app looks usable (hopefully).

Isn’t your wrgb2 still under warranty?

Yes the update to the app has improved to some extent some issues. It’s less impredictable as far as I have tested it.

You can read above for a few tips.

lights pro 900.jpg

WRGB2 Pro repair status. Took me a few days to find out from N30 that I should send it to our friends in Green Effect (now called Rainbow Green) for warranty service. The technician is not there all the time so its going to be a case of leaving the light with the shop and who knows when I'll get it back. When I get it back, I'll probably use it as my 2nd light and maybe give away the WRGB2.

Anyway, here is a side by side comparison of WRGB2 Pro (right) and P900 (left).
  • P900 is a 'bigger' light when it comes to size.
  • The WRGB2 Pro has a more translucent frosted cover compared to the P900 where you can see the chips. So if P900 is brighter, maybe its because of its more transparent cover?
  • P900 legs are not adjustable. The tank must be 90cm. But non adjustable means the legs are pretty sturdy.
  • P900 sits lower down compared to the WRGB2 Pro legs.
  • Haven't noticed the fan noise yet... maybe need to let it run longer.
But, from my initial testing, I'm going to say that i will need time to get used to it and my first impression is that it is at most the same brightness as the WRGB2 Pro and it really doesn't look brighter than WRGB2 Pro for me - I'll have to test more and also figure out the R/G/B settings. Simply copying my WRGB2 settings makes it look too red.

As for the app, it is very easy to do simple on/off timer. However, figuring out sunrise/sunset, I'll need more time and will read the posts in this thread :)

P900 red.jpg

This is the P900 default 'red' setting. Even though it is called the 'red' setting, the green is set higher at 79% yet the colour is 'reddish'. For those used to Chihiros and instinctively set red higher than green, you will straightaway wonder why its so red 🛑

Back