• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Week aqua users

So how are you guys finding these lights? Thinking of changing my low-tech tank to high-tech and swapping from a Twinstar 60B to a Week Aqua P600...also, anyone have experience with their hanging kit/mount? Any good?

So how are you guys finding these lights? Thinking of changing my low-tech tank to high-tech and swapping from a Twinstar 60B to a Week Aqua P600...also, anyone have experience with their hanging kit/mount? Any good?

Still liking my T90 Pro's - so happy I finally managed to get a point source light for decent shimmer, but with RGB colour output.

I still haven't got around to swapping out the blu-tooth boards yet (installing in situ hovering a metre above the tank is causing me to procrastinate!)

That reminds me, I still have the five of the new v3.0 blu-tooth boards if anyone want one - £8.50 + £4 delivery in a C5 box.

Nothing to complain really now. I do have the hanging kit. Works well. I am using Chihiros stands though but they are virtually the same thing. Reason being that I could find Chihiros stands second hand so they were cheaper.

Still liking my T90 Pro's - so happy I finally managed to get a point source light for decent shimmer, but with RGB colour output.

I still haven't got around to swapping out the blu-tooth boards yet (installing in situ hovering a metre above the tank is causing me to procrastinate!)

Nothing to complain really now. I do have the hanging kit. Works well. I am using Chihiros stands though but they are virtually the same thing. Reason being that I could find Chihiros stands second hand so they were cheaper.

Thanks all, looks like I have some thinking to do.. :D

Another question...just noticed that the P series has a fan, I wouldn't be running the light anywhere near 100% power, does the fan come on much? How is the noise profile?

Hi, I'm starting a new 90g tank, it is 110x50x60hcm

I'm interested in WRGB2 Pro90 and someone suggested me the Week Aqua P900. How is the week aqua vs the pro version of chihiros?

Lastly, i read that there are problems with the BT module, if i buy it "today" will it have the same problem? did the upgraded the module?
What problems? Week Aqua used to ship their lights with V2 BT modules which didn't do a good job with sunrise/sunset. They have however release a new BT module V3 that fixes that. You need to ask the reseller if the V3 module is already incorporated in the light or you need to buy the new version. It's quite cheap. I paid 6 USD for the module.

What problems? Week Aqua used to ship their lights with V2 BT modules which didn't do a good job with sunrise/sunset. They have however release a new BT module V3 that fixes that. You need to ask the reseller if the V3 module is already incorporated in the light or you need to buy the new version. It's quite cheap. I paid 6 USD for the module.
yeah im talking about problems related to bt. I will buy it directly from Week Aqua, they are providing world wide shipping WEEK AQUA INTERNATIONAL

I have contacted the support of Week Aqua, they are shipping (if bought on their site) the light with new BT version, they are even suggesting to not buy on Aliexpress because they don't know if they shop have newest model of the light.

Considering that the P900 is 200€ cheaper than WRGB2 Pro, i have just bought it, hopefully it arrives soon and without import duty (im a bit skeptical about this part, considering that im in EU)

I have contacted the support of Week Aqua, they are shipping (if bought on their site) the light with new BT version, they are even suggesting to not buy on Aliexpress because they don't know if they shop have newest model of the light.

Considering that the P900 is 200€ cheaper than WRGB2 Pro, i have just bought it, hopefully it arrives soon and without import duty (im a bit skeptical about this part, considering that im in EU)
O/t and a more err "political" take. Since the EU is banning t5's ect due to mercury any LED lighting should come VAT free...
:)

O/t and a more err "political" take. Since the EU is banning t5's ect due to mercury any LED lighting should come VAT free...
:)
idk, i expect that i'll be charged to additional 22% of the total cost because coming outside EU. Same thing happened when i bought some Nilocg Ferts from USA on eBay

idk, i expect that i'll be charged to additional 22% of the total cost because coming outside EU. Same thing happened when i bought some Nilocg Ferts from USA on eBay
Yea nobody expects the gov to be reasonable.
😁

My P600 Pro arrived, still to tidy cables etc. Very excessive for my currently low tech tank but all good so far!

Attachments

• IMG_8144.jpg
    IMG_8144.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 139
Back