• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Taiwan Bee not so nano

I think a better option may be similar to you and sell off most of the standards once spring comes, unfortunately the affordability of more fancy varieties means the demand for normal Taiwan's bees is pretty low.
Id be more than happy to buy some from you in a few months, waiting to move house then i'm going to shamelessly steal almost everything about this set up and will need some decent shrimps never had much luck buying from shops...

Id be more than happy to buy some from you in a few months, waiting to move house then i'm going to shamelessly steal almost everything about this set up and will need some decent shrimps never had much luck buying from shops...
Sure thing, they're going to need a new home as the population is now stationary... will post a for sale thread as soon as it warms up.👍

Attachments

• PSX_20210220_201727.jpg
    PSX_20210220_201727.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 278
Just love this tank - it’s just incredible for a low tech! Do you ever do anything to the filter Iain given how overgrown with plants it is, or is it just left as is?

Also registering an interest in some of the CBS and darker coloured Caridinas! 👍🏻

Last edited:
Just love this tank - it’s just incredible for a low tech! Do you ever do anything to the filter Iain given how overgrown with plants it is, or is it just left as is?

Also registering an interest in some of the CBS and darker coloured Carolina’s! 👍🏻
If im completely honest, the ficus in the filter is a massive pain in the blahblahblahblah in respect to the tank. From the 6 filter 'pads' I can only clean one as the roots own the others. If I had a do over I'd create a filter box for the ficus and have a beautifully maintained filter 🤣 maybe a seachem tidal just to test one out.
Give it a month and I'll be selling loads off at good prices 👍

Holy **** that's a lot of shrimps :oops::oops:, also curious about the filter, did you change anything inside or is it just standard pads? also looking at the seachem tidal as it seems eheim dont make the liberty anymore.

Holy **** that's a lot of shrimps :oops::oops:, also curious about the filter, did you change anything inside or is it just standard pads? also looking at the seachem tidal as it seems eheim dont make the liberty anymore.
Standard pads with about 3 or bits of alfagrog in the impeller space.
I have a feeling the tital will be really good from what I've seen...

Standard pads with about 3 or bits of alfagrog in the impeller space.
I have a feeling the tital will be really good from what I've seen...
Nice to know it was kept pretty standard, i'm not one for having to do too much modifying to get good results, id better get more posts under my belt so i can see sales threads :lol:

Are you sure they don’t make them? Bought a new one a few months back

Are you sure they don’t make them? Bought a new one a few months back
I'm probably wrong but when i google them the only results for shopping are all outside the uk or ebay which will probably be outside the uk, im leaning more toward the seachem hang ons anyway as i like the idea of the plastic bit that pops up when its getting clogged and needs cleaning.

I'm probably wrong but when i google them the only results for shopping are all outside the uk or ebay which will probably be outside the uk, im leaning more toward the seachem hang ons anyway as i like the idea of the plastic bit that pops up when its getting clogged and needs cleaning.

Yeah, we’re only getting them in from Europe, but they can be gotten into stock at your local lfs if they stock eheim through John Allan Aquariums. I've been using Liberties, almost exclusively for 10 years and they have never clogged, never broken down and I think I have cleaned them out maybe once each. They look a little naff, but they do a good job.

Yeah, we’re only getting them in from Europe, but they can be gotten into stock at your local lfs if they stock eheim through John Allan Aquariums. I've been using Liberties, almost exclusively for 10 years and they have never clogged, never broken down and I think I have cleaned them out maybe once each. They look a little naff, but they do a good job.
Ah fair enough, I work at a maidenhead but John Allan isn't on our supplier list and my normal wholesaler for eheim doesn't list them, could be worth a punt asking them if they can get them if not I'll end up trying out the seachem.

Ah fair enough, I work at a maidenhead but John Allan isn't on our supplier list and my normal wholesaler for eheim doesn't list them, could be worth a punt asking them if they can get them if not I'll end up trying out the seachem.

I'd be interested to hear your review, I nearly got a Tidal some time ago but my LFS could get some Eheim Liberty in. The largest model is a bit of a beast.

I have the Tidal 55. It’s a decent filter, the integral skimmer is good, as is the self priming and removable media basket. The pain for me (being a maintenance phobe) was the prefilter being on the very bottom of the basket, so you have to take everything apart to clean it.

I see some of the HOB’s have vertical cartridges for each media type, which makes maintenance easier.

Also, as seems to be par for the course with filters, the flow is no where near the rating once the media basket is filled. The 55 wasn’t really enough for me in a 60 litre tank, and I wished I’d got the next size up.

What's going on folks!? I'm shocked to see its been a year since I've contributed to this thread or more importantly the forum!😔
Sometimes life is just straight up busy and a new job turned out to be all encompassing and pretty stressful. That said I think I've touched bottom and now building up..... so much so I have even got a little tank sat empty in my office I may actually put water in now the urge to throw in the towel has passed.

This little tank is still going, running on little more that hopes and 🙏 . Its amazingly resiliant and many won't believe this may have had, at best, 3 water changes in the past year. Its topped up with RO when the trickling causes veins to pop out of the wife's neck, a couple of pumps of tropica ferts once a week and my daughter throws in a variety of food, both in quantity and type, about 3 times a week.
The ficus has broken through the cooker extract and is staking a claim on the other side of the kitchen. I remain convinced the ficus is the key to the tanks stablility. The ficus seems to have an ability to do absolutely nothing for long periods yet remain healthy but when the tank gets over fed or I remember to fert consistently i can actively observe new growing tips within 12 hours. This ability to buffer nutrient levels makes me look good 😁
With a little luck I'll be seeing a bit more of you all👍🏻
PSX_20220131_200837.jpg
PSX_20220226_205748.jpg
PSX_20220226_205635.jpg

Still looks great @Iain Sutherland cant belive been a year , where does the time go , i am guilty of being a bit absent lately but due to same reasons, life just gets busy.

Great to hear all is well and tank still ticking along nicely

Last edited:
Back