• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • You can now follow UKAPS on Instagram.

Taiwan Bee not so nano

CSouthgate

I think a better option may be similar to you and sell off most of the standards once spring comes, unfortunately the affordability of more fancy varieties means the demand for normal Taiwan's bees is pretty low.
Id be more than happy to buy some from you in a few months, waiting to move house then i'm going to shamelessly steal almost everything about this set up and will need some decent shrimps never had much luck buying from shops...

Iain Sutherland

Global Moderator
Staff member
Id be more than happy to buy some from you in a few months, waiting to move house then i'm going to shamelessly steal almost everything about this set up and will need some decent shrimps never had much luck buying from shops...
Sure thing, they're going to need a new home as the population is now stationary... will post a for sale thread as soon as it warms up.👍

Attachments

• PSX_20210220_201727.jpg
    PSX_20210220_201727.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 42

Wookii

Just love this tank - it’s just incredible for a low tech! Do you ever do anything to the filter Iain given how overgrown with plants it is, or is it just left as is?

Also registering an interest in some of the CBS and darker coloured Caridinas! 👍🏻

Last edited:

Iain Sutherland

Global Moderator
Staff member
Just love this tank - it’s just incredible for a low tech! Do you ever do anything to the filter Iain given how overgrown with plants it is, or is it just left as is?

Also registering an interest in some of the CBS and darker coloured Carolina’s! 👍🏻
If im completely honest, the ficus in the filter is a massive pain in the blahblahblahblah in respect to the tank. From the 6 filter 'pads' I can only clean one as the roots own the others. If I had a do over I'd create a filter box for the ficus and have a beautifully maintained filter 🤣 maybe a seachem tidal just to test one out.
Give it a month and I'll be selling loads off at good prices 👍

CSouthgate

Holy **** that's a lot of shrimps :oops::oops:, also curious about the filter, did you change anything inside or is it just standard pads? also looking at the seachem tidal as it seems eheim dont make the liberty anymore.

Iain Sutherland

Global Moderator
Staff member
Holy **** that's a lot of shrimps :oops::oops:, also curious about the filter, did you change anything inside or is it just standard pads? also looking at the seachem tidal as it seems eheim dont make the liberty anymore.
Standard pads with about 3 or bits of alfagrog in the impeller space.
I have a feeling the tital will be really good from what I've seen...