• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

"Prairie Lands"... job done

Re: "Prairie Lands"... getting ready for the big shoot

It's all got a bit too much for Dan. He decided how many stupid faces he could pull from behind the tank. :lol:

funny-face.jpg

I'm all good to go now. Just gotta wait for the wife to come back from work and see the tank in the middle of the room, for a day or 2 :shh:

Re: "Prairie Lands"... scape finished, journal end!

Mark Evans said:
pest control said:
I've been following this journal, and it has been great (especially the pics and vids). I love this style of aquascape, wish I had a spare tank to have a go with lol.

I'll send some crypts when i strip it 8)

thanks mate. :thumbup:

I can't wait to see the final pics of this tank. :geek:

Guess you have a spy there :lol:

Hi

great tank love the scape and healthy plants

can You give me Your dosing as I do have same size tank but my do not look so healthy

Thanks

alzak said:
can You give me Your dosing as I do have same size tank but my do not look so healthy

low ish light, high co2, and 2 Tsp kno3 and 1 tsp po4, 0.5 trace. regular water changes

clonitza said:
Guess you have a spy there

yeah :lol:

pest control said:
I can't wait to see the final pics of this tank.

All done mate. Last night was manic getting everything done. needed a second pair of hands really.

Tony Swinney said:
Good luck with that !!!

i needed it mate :lol: i tripped all the power in the house, taking the outlet of the filter out of the tank, the hose came off and water went into a socket!

Tomorrow, will see the tank being ripped down. :)

It's quite tough actually, as it's looking real nice, even without any care in the last few days, but we must progress.

I may even record the ripping down process for memories.

here's the last you'll see of it...

done.jpg

The crypts are spoken for, and the tenellus is too 8)

Ahhh, sod it! may as well start now! took the stones out!

not bad clarity considering I've just pulled all 3 stones out. A little hazy maybe.

no-rocks.jpg

Antoni Dimitrov said:
Great journal and even greater scape! Will miss it, but will also be waiting for the next one!

Thanks matey. i'm so undecided as to what to do next. I'm considering emulating one of the scenes I've seen down at the woods. :)

I think you should, I miss your wood scapes, they're the pinnacle of your scaping in my opinion.

Tony Swinney said:
Now that I'd like to see Do it
Garuf said:
I think you should, I miss your wood scapes, they're the pinnacle of your scaping in my opinion.

that's interesting mate. I feel my wood scapes are crap, certainly not my string point. Thanks though :thumbup:

Antoni Dimitrov said:
Thats something that I love to see too! Go for it!

A few trips to the woods...again, a few pics and i may see what i can come up with.

George Farmer said:
always get mixed emotions when tearing down a new 'scape. A sense of loss, but excitement too.

so true! i'm feeling it now. :?

took the fish out, took the stones out, and now i'm up rooting my carpet (cries)

_MG_0620IAPLC1.jpg

that's a scape in itself Mark!

absolutely stunning! lol only joking. Hats off to you mate. Look forward to the new one, i also like your wood scapes, loved the one with the Angels.

I'm not sure i'd be able to tear down such a beautiful scape. :(

Then again I don't have the ability to produce them so wonderfully and on such a consistant basis :)

Out with the old and in with the new as they say. Look forward to the new project and how that evolves!

Cheers, Tom.

Mark Evans said:
that's interesting mate. I feel my wood scapes are crap, certainly not my string point. Thanks though :thumbup:
I think it's a personal thing, an iwagumi has to be extremely strong to do anything for me these days, I always find wood scapes more dynamic and inspirational, I find them to have a much more "multilayered", more rich and alive feeling and aesthetic qualites.
It's all relative though, I've always been a "wood" scaper.

edited to make point more clear.

Garuf said:
an iwagumi has to be extremely strong to do anything for me these days, I always find wood scapes more dynamic and inspirational, I find them to have a much more "multilayered", more rich and alive feeling and aesthetic qualites.
Wise words, Gareth.

Iwagumi is easy to set-up - probably why they're so popular. But probably the toughest style to master.

I've set up 12 Iwagumis now (for me and others), and have only been really happy with one - my latest.

Mark's style is evolving along with his skill, in my opinion. I'm really looking forward to the next one...

Thanks George, I agree, there's a definite growth from scape to scape and I too will be watching eagerly.

I agree too on the weakness of a scape not being the plants but the scape as a whole, there's so many out there but so few that are breath taking or inspirational.

I'm starting to judge scapes on their repeat viewing pleasure, I'm often awe struck by scapes but I see the same things in them every time I see then and I don't think I'd ever have one myself. I think, possibly wrongly, that the best scapes are those that you notice things in every time you look at them those with subtleties that charm.

Back