• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Plant deficiency Id

Samjpikey

Hi guys , I have got a 'burn' type mark on a staurogyne repens leaf .
Please could someone be kind enough to help me out to identify it :)
Cheers

hoURD4A.jpg

Cheers ceg. ,

Low po4 or is that another myth. . ?
I think I will do some of the standard adjustments etc and go from there.
Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

GSA is caused by any combination of poor PO4 + poor CO2. You'll have to play with PO4 to see if that helps. That's easy, just double the PO4 dosing. If no joy, then it's back to CO2 troubleshooting......

Cheers,

Extra Po4 is Now on the todo list :) but I'm going to increase injection at .3 bps Anyway as It was lowered for livestock, they haven't shown no signs of distress so increasing it seems manageable :)
Cheers guys

O And maybe an extra small water change midweek :)
Every little helps !

Would you recommend that I remove the infected leaves ??
Cheers

Thought as much ,
I've just increased flow by a so called 800lph power head via another full length spray bar anyways so I'm hoping with that and a slight re-increase in co2 ( this was backed off at the beginning of the week to allow for the introduction of livestock and it's since then I've noticed the GSA) alongside double dose of po4 that'll see it off before it makes its home in my tank :/
Cheers

Oh, well there you go mate. This demonstrates a high correlation between poor CO2 and algal blooms.
Now, Once you achieve Legendary Level 37 Super-Pokemon-Geek (or higher), you will then experiment with retarding the CO2 by specific amounts in order to determine which algal form or what type of deficiency makes an appearance with the removal of which quantity of gas.

Cheers,

I actually used to be a right Pokemon Geek when it 1St came in ....... Moving on :p

How long have you actually been problem solving on ukaps ceg ?? Obviously a lot of people have benefited from your advice , have you ever wrote an article in the PFK mag or even thought about doing a proper right up on the whole co2\flow/distribution ??
Sorry for the questions but I'm intrigued about your knowledge :)
Cheers

I actually used to be a right Pokemon Geek

I still am ;) that is until the next one comes out.

How long have you actually been problem solving on ukaps ceg ?? Obviously a lot of people have benefited from your advice , have you ever wrote an article in the PFK mag or even thought about doing a proper right up on the whole co2\flow/distribution ?? Sorry for the questions but I'm intrigued about your knowledge

Should do a FAQ type up for the forum! Most of the answers maybe "a CO2/Flow distribution problem" tehehehe.

My retaliation on the recent GSA took up my Saturday morning .....

75% water change
Quick glass + rock scrub
Filter cleaned and a small free up of unnecessary media
All filter pipes cleaned
Removal of infected leaves followed by a general trim .
Double dose of po4 included with standard Ei
Light raised 30mm .

If it comes back it's getting nuked. !!!

Cheers

Well it has gotten worse on the staurogyne leaves :( since I done all the above ^^^ on the weekend the algae growth has sped up , so I've upped the co2 again and decreased the main photoperiod light intensity by 25% , water change is in order tomorrow morning but I can't remove infected leaves till the weekend so I hope this won't make matters worse :/

Back