• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Nature's Corner 'naturalis' Trigon 190 (now closed)

Looks really good gary. I prefer it with out the carpet and definitely looks much sharper..
I like how the two bits of wood in the centre create a kind of tunnel effect leading into the moss covered branches

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Looks really good gary. I prefer it with out the carpet and definitely looks much sharper..
I like how the two bits of wood in the centre create a kind of tunnel effect leading into the moss covered branches

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Alastair, yes I think the centre pieces of wood draw you into the scape more.

Looks loads better (not that it looked bad before), the moss looks amazing!

Cheers Ian, yes the moss has gone bonkers! I have never had much luck with growing moss on wood before so I am really pleased with this.... mind you I think its due a trim soon.

Hi, I don't know if this has been mentioned but I couldn't find it what type of moss is that please? I really like this and it actually shows what can be achieved with great planning and execution despite the dimensions and flows issues that are associated from a corner tank.

Hi, I don't know if this has been mentioned but I couldn't find it what type of moss is that please? I really like this and it actually shows what can be achieved with great planning and execution despite the dimensions and flows issues that are associated from a corner tank.

Thank you so much for your kind comments - the moss I used was Spiky Moss from Aqua Essentials... Which to be honest grew like mad! I found it very easy to care for and would definitely use it again.

Thank you so much for your kind comments - the moss I used was Spiky Moss from Aqua Essentials... Which to be honest grew like mad! I found it very easy to care for and would definitely use it again.

It's taken off like wildfire in yours and in recent months I have become a little obsessed with moss and the affect it gives its great stuff. :) Makes a scape look mature and natural especially the way its only growing on the top side of the wood nearest the light. Good work again.

This scape was taken down this weekend, I'd just like to thank the few members on here that put a comment on my journal and have enjoyed what I achieved in a a Juwel Trigon ... It means allot to me.
I will be working on something else, but unfortunately there will be no journal this time from me.

I'd also like to thank all the members on here that have taken time to give me advice to my questions asked over the last few years... Thank you.

Sounds very final that Gary, I hope all is well. I've found your Trigon efforts hugely interesting since I'm fortunate/cursed to have one myself.

Hey Gary, why no journal? I hope it's nothing we've done...

I for one love what you've achieved in a corner tank, you did a better job that I could've dreamed of! These trigon journals are gold dust on the net, with yours being one,if not the best.

Yep, I second that Gary, some very nice journals and great aquascapes.
It does sound very final mate, good luck with whatever you have planned and hope to see you round here still.
Cheerio for now,
Ady.

Sounds very final that Gary, I hope all is well. I've found your Trigon efforts hugely interesting since I'm fortunate/cursed to have one myself.

Thanks for kind words Rick :thumbup:

Shame it's gone. Great scape and journal:)

Are you using the same tank on your next project?

Yes I will be, I was going to have a change, but I have one final scape to achieve in the Trigon that I have in mind.... then I will move onto a new brand of tank.

Hey Gary, why no journal? I hope it's nothing we've done...

I for one love what you've achieved in a corner tank, you did a better job that I could've dreamed of! These trigon journals are gold dust on the net, with yours being one,if not the best.

Thanks again Ian for your Kind words, that means allot.

Yep, I second that Gary, some very nice journals and great aquascapes.
It does sound very final mate, good luck with whatever you have planned and hope to see you round here still.
Cheerio for now,
Ady.

Thanks Ady, I will still be on here and I am not giving up... and I am working on my next scape right now, but I guess I have got to the stage on here where I feel that unless I'm running a branded name and its not Opti White and square with all the fancy inlets & outlets etc then I'm placed in a different category to all the high end kit allot of other members now run you know what I mean? I know when I talk to folk and tell them about planted tanks and injected co2 and nutrients and so on... they ask what tank its in and you say a 'Trigon' and they turn their nose up!... I'm not bothered but sometimes it gets to you and you start to think... why do I bother to publish it. I feel I do not need those kind of thoughts and feelings going on in my mind as I have enough problems to contend with at the moment.

I have entered IAPLC this year and I am sure again this will prove what I am trying to say, that's if it even gets marked :lol: ... again It does not bother me, I enjoy my tanks and what I have created and if that means only family and friends get to see it.. then that's how it will have to be.

Forget all that Gary, I for one look at your trigon with envy as know that it takes more skill and understanding to deliver your scapes that in a rectangular box with all the gear.

I would certainly love to see the next journaled as they are always a joy to follow. Would be a shame not to share your wizardry :)

Just to echo what iain has said, forget the snobbery what you have done with corner tanks is amazing be proud of your achievements and be proud of your tank, alot of the "looking down there noses" is simply the only way they know how to be mostly because they couldnt do half the job you have with a corner scape :)

I would love to see what your doing :)

I agree with you Gary, but on the contrary I do also agree with Iain. I look at what you achieved with your trigon and it actually made me think about getting one because that would suit the room it would be going in better. Due to the difficulty of scaping in one I didn't but you have shown that it is possible so don't let the "snobbery" put you off.

Real shame not to see a new journal Gary, best trigon on the net IMHO, hard to comment sometimes due to people not wanting to just post wow awesome blah de blah etc etc, I mean its not like you need advice my friend you've nailed every scape you've done so far and i maybe people only ask questions when they are considering buying one themselves, as for snobbery mate there's a lot of ada na optiwhite setups that end up as algae farms( mine being one of them :) ) so equipment is one thing but personally I'm always looking at what's Inside the glass box. Shame not to see another journal of the quality scapes you turn out mate :)

Thanks Ady, I will still be on here and I am not giving up... and I am working on my next scape right now, but I guess I have got to the stage on here where I feel that unless I'm running a branded name and its not Opti White and square with all the fancy inlets & outlets etc then I'm placed in a different category to all the high end kit allot of other members now run you know what I mean?
Hi Gary, pleased your still going to be active :thumbup: Experienced enthusiasts like yourself are invaluable to the community.
I agree with a lot of what other members have said, and whilst i would like to encourage you to continue to share your experiences i am surprised by the way you feel. The most important thing about an aquascape, behind the personal enjoyment we gain from creating and nurturing it, is the actual aquascape, the hardscaping, the plants and the fish, all of which you do exceptionally.....brand names are all very well and good, but by no means do they elevate your status, admittedly it is a progression that many choose to take, more often than not to enhance the visual appeal so as not to distract from the important bit inside the tank, the aquascape, but certainly not to place you in a different category. For me its all about the creation and maintaining, but i do like the minimalism of the 'higher end gear'. Sometimes the minimalist look doesnt fit in our homes in which case alternatives are sought, your trigon fits beautifully in your room.
I hope that members here have not made you feel this way, i certainly have never felt like that, but i do appreciate your focus on doing it for yourself and your family and friends....like i said above, thats what it is really all about.
I do hope you reconsider though, as i also would like to see your next venture, i love seeing aquascapes :)

I have entered IAPLC this year and I am sure again this will prove what I am trying to say, that's if it even gets marked
it will get marked, i dont think you even have to stipulate what tank it is, just give sizes, but it wouldnt matter, this is only a few peoples opinions, yours is much more important. I see it as a way of trying to improve on my skills. The guys involved in judging look at composition, layout plant choices etc etc, far more things than i could ever think of im sure, but if you improve from year to year it is a good indication of whether you are improving at this or not.....if it even matters to you? It doesnt stop me from enjoying viewing my tank at home or looking after it at all, im happy to have growing plants and happy fish :thumbup:

Cheerio,
Ady

How restrictive have you found the trigon? was thinking of getting a 2nd hand one but i'm not convinced how well it works compared to the normal ones.

Back