• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Nature's Corner 'naturalis' Trigon 190 (now closed)

Gary, absolutely sublime. My first tank was a trigon 190 in beech so my journey started with this tank many many years ago. Fond memories and you have done yours some serious justice. Both thumbs up! Hooked and watching

Any updates gary?

p.s. how have you avoided reflections?

Hi Jim, funny you should mention updates, I took a few photos yesterday so I will get them uploaded later :)

Do you mean reflections with the camera on the front?

Gary, absolutely sublime. My first tank was a trigon 190 in beech so my journey started with this tank many many years ago. Fond memories and you have done yours some serious justice. Both thumbs up! Hooked and watching

Thank you, nice to hear great comments such as yours and always nice to hear from other trigon owners :)

I meant reflections on the sides I cant seem to get away from having mirrored sides...

Ah right, I used black board paint on the back which I've found gives a neat finish and dries matt black - what are you using on yours then?

wow

you are the master of the corner tank!

your rescape has inspired me to take stuff out and use space more carefully in the trigon.

Cheers Jim, I think it will look better when the E.tenellus fills out more... As you know trigons are a big learning curve!

Looking great! Definite inspiration for those struggling to scape a corner. Just watch though the temperature clashes of your fish - rams like it hot but the hillstream loaches like it pretty cool and well oxygenated.

Looking great! Definite inspiration for those struggling to scape a corner. Just watch though the temperature clashes of your fish - rams like it hot but the hillstream loaches like it pretty cool and well oxygenated.

Thanks for your comments Claire :thumbup:

I took a few photos today, so thought I'd just show how its doing - the plants are filling in nicely and the moss has gone bonkers! it all seems to be ticking along nicely considering I'm only spending about an hour a week on it now at water change time.

I am getting an itch to do a re-scape though as I have some ideas! :woot:

8987759209_2e670f66d4_b.jpg
DSC_1188 by DigitalDream3, on Flickr

8987765509_a4eca26aa4_b.jpg
DSC_1186 by DigitalDream3, on Flickr

8987762621_53f3756750_b.jpg
DSC_1187 by DigitalDream3, on Flickr

looking really nice have you thought about entering it into one of the scaping competitions?

Cheers Jim.... I'd like to yes, but only know of the IAPLC one, not sure if there are more? :wideyed:

Really nice Gary. That moss looks lush. Looks like youve triumphed on the corner tank scaping once again

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the nice comments Alastair :thumbup:

Back