• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • You can now follow UKAPS on Instagram.

Journal My First Terrarium

LondonDragon

Administrator
UKAPS Team
Another 3D Printed piece for the Terrarium, couple of times a week I place this under the light to perform some air exchange and then mist it at the end and close again.

IMG_1620401952339-cfc5b65f-08b4-468b-a866-2c3e203edc02 (Medium).jpg

IMG_1620402033415-98bccbb1-aa4e-4094-832f-d4e37c28cd32 (Medium).jpg

LondonDragon

Administrator
UKAPS Team
You need another home office to actually do some work in, because that one is going to be much too distracting.
I am thinking of ways to add some more to the space! lol think I can add another behind my chair!! At least a 60cm, emersed setup would be awesome liking these now! haha

Why not go the whole hog and have some <"leaf cutter ants as well?">.
Well now you're saying that.... haha nope already have springtails in the terrarium and noticed some worms in there also today! So that's enough, and transferring the springtails to the terrarium was interesting as i made a mess of it and had springtails and soil all over my very expensive NAS! Now my data has bugs :(:D:eek:

LondonDragon

Administrator
UKAPS Team
I really like that @LondonDragon - kind of what I have in my office. A good mix of tech and nature 👍
Many thanks, but you don't live in a concrete jungle like I do ;) so I have to make the most of it :)

LondonDragon

Administrator
UKAPS Team
This is true :D and I would have to do the same if I did.

Sorry if you've covered this elsewhere, but how many tanks (terrariums and all) are you up to now?
Just the single Terrarium, I run 3 nanos in the study (30l cube houses a pairof Pea Puffers at the moment setup last summer, 2 x 12l shrimp nanos one houses Cherry and the other Yellow shrimp running since 2011, cherry colony is from 2011, yellows are just over a year), in the living room I have the Aquascaper 900 high tech setup in June last year, plus a 60cm lowtech that have been running since 2010!
I don't run my tanks for "aquascaping" I run them for myself and stick in them whatever I like :)

I am thinking of ways to add some more to the space! lol think I can add another behind my chair!! At least a 60cm, emersed setup would be awesome liking these now! haha

Well now you're saying that.... haha nope already have springtails in the terrarium and noticed some worms in there also today! So that's enough, and transferring the springtails to the terrarium was interesting as i made a mess of it and had springtails and soil all over my very expensive NAS! Now my data has bugs :(:D:eek:
have you seen on the gram

ikeagreenhousecabinet, there are some seriously planted up rooms on some of the users there