• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

IFC Aquarium Fertilizer Calculator

Same thing. Simply repackaged.
Nice

I have used urea prills and works out very cheap and easy.
I found a biuret 0.5 as hanuman recommend.

@Hanuman
I have a question
Ada brightly k in the label refer 2.6% of h2o, when I use the calculator it's Macht this % or is targeting ppm (7.5ppm) in the clone refer.
Im a little confused let me show you the calculator math. It should say 25ppm weekly I'm guessing

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230708_122210_com.microsoft.office.excel.jpg
    Screenshot_20230708_122210_com.microsoft.office.excel.jpg
    813.7 KB · Views: 79
When cloning ADA brighty K, which justs adds K, the IFC calculator targets K for the salts in the K rows, if your using a K carbonate which is targeted for dK the caculator targets the dK and any K is taken away from the target K, if the target K isnt reached it will add some more of the selected K salts, if the targeted K level is reach or exceeded with a K carbonte the K level may be in excess as this is the payoff of targeting a dK.

Hope that makes sense as had a few on Holiday

When cloning ADA brighty K, which justs adds K, the IFC calculator targets K for the salts in the K rows, if your using a K carbonate which is targeted for dK the caculator targets the dK and any K is taken away from the target K, if the target K isnt reached it will add some more of the selected K salts, if the targeted K level is reach or exceeded with a K carbonte the K level may be in excess as this is the payoff of targeting a dK.

Great holiday for you @Zeus

So if I. Use the pottasium carbonate and I prepare the recommended gr as the calculator refer I will have to adjust the quantity and mesure to get the optimum ppm target or with the calculator result it would be enough?

So if I. Use the pottasium carbonate and I prepare the recommended gr as the calculator refer I will have to adjust the quantity and mesure to get the optimum ppm target or with the calculator result it would be enough?
If you target say 5ppm K and then K carbonate yields 4ppm K then by using another K salt which is targeted ( say KCl) then calculator will give the mass of the other K salt/salts to yield the extra 1 ppm K.
The other option is to use the DIYCalculater spreadsheet rather than the TargetCalculator spreadsheet, plus using the features of Excel you could find the mass of K carbonate required for any given ppm K.
The beauty of any spreadsheet in the IFC is that it totals up all the ppms and dK for all the salts in one sheet, plus solubility warnings and which salts are best dry dosed.
When making remineralising solutions another level of interactions is encountered which is covered also in the remineralising spreadsheets

If you target say 5ppm K and then K carbonate yields 4ppm K then by using another K salt which is targeted ( say KCl) then calculator will give the mass of the other K salt/salts to yield the extra 1 ppm K.
The other option is to use the DIYCalculater spreadsheet rather than the TargetCalculator spreadsheet, plus using the features of Excel you could find the mass of K carbonate required for any given ppm K.
The beauty of any spreadsheet in the IFC is that it totals up all the ppms and dK for all the salts in one sheet, plus solubility warnings and which salts are best dry dosed.
When making remineralising solutions another level of interactions is encountered which is covered also in the remineralising spreadsheets
Thnxs @Zeus.

Nice

I found a biuret 0.5 as hanuman recommend.

@Hanuman
I have a question
Ada brightly k in the label refer 2.6% of h2o, when I use the calculator it's Macht this % or is targeting ppm (7.5ppm) in the clone refer.
Im a little confused let me show you the calculator math. It should say 25ppm weekly I'm guessing
The calculator was designed so that you would not need to worry about labels and their %. Just use the ppm you want or simply use the clone function so you don't even have to input any ppm value.

It just so happens that with Brightly K, Potassium carbonate is able to target both K and dKH at 100% but, @caribbeanBoy, this is just a pure coincidence and most of the times you need to either add another compound or change the compound you are using in order to reach the wanted target for all elements.

curious @Hanuman if CSM+B has dtpa chelated iron, or does it just have the edta chelate? I was thinking it only has edta. Asking for learning purposes, not disagreement, of course.
These are the products we have in the IFC calculator. This is the information we gathered at the time of the making of the calculator and it's possible that manufacturers change/improve the formula with time. Regardless, as you can see, most of these micro mixes have Fe chelated with EDTA, some with DTPA, and others use a mix of both. GLA also has a DTPA+EDTA micro mix but we didn't add it to the calculator. To me all this micro mixes are "same same but different" (a typical Thai phrase used in Thailand with tourist).

For me, CSM+B has become more of a generic term to say micro mix.

1688859730443.png

It's good that you asked that question because now I am seeing something odd. Solufeed Sodium Free TEC-SF states 1.57% Fe which is odd. I will have to look into this.

It's good that you asked that question because now I am seeing something odd. Solufeed Sodium Free TEC-SF states 1.57% Fe which is odd. I will have to look into this.
I just checked. It's actually normal. I had to dive in the email conversations I had with Solufeed to find why I couldn't find that product when googling. They changed the name to Solufeed Sodium Free TEC Soft Fruit. No wonder I couldn't find it.

Adding the link here for future reference: TEC Soft Fruit (formerly TEC-SF)

Last edited:
@Hanuman lovely coincidence jeje but look.
i try reaching just the potassium for the brightkly k and it dosent reach the 25ppm for a week at least i put 3 an 1/2 on the no.3 x dose by ? dont get that ? ,
as @Zeus. mention its push for the dkh if i choose to clone the ADA dosing per complete and not one by one.

on the last 2 images there are the dosing by ada to select every component, thnxs again
enviar.JPG
enviar 2.JPG
enviar 3.JPG
enviar 4.JPG

postdate sorry for been asking that much! just trying to learn.

lovely coincidence jeje but look.
i try reaching just the potassium for the brightkly k and it dosent reach the 25ppm for a week
You are comparing 2 different things.
Brighty K is one product that contains only K while ADA dosing is a generic dosing regime that contains NO3, PO4 and K.
If what you want is to have a fertilizer that doses 25ppm K a week only you could do as you did by x dose by 3 and 1/2, which gives you ~26ppm of K and for all intended purposes is the same as 25ppm. If you are adament on sticking to precision then don't clone and simply target 25ppm as so:

Select No:
1688890115495.png

Target your desired ppm:
1688890132239.png

Chose Potassium chloride instead:
1688890187542.png

Last edited:
Dont get to tied up in hiting a certain ppm, it will drive you mad. There are many fert regimes/systems from lean to ferts in abundance, ADA fert regime is a lean regime but ADA aquasoil is packed with nutrients, so ADA dosing with ADA aquasoil together its far from lean dosing IMO.
Watch your plants, if they look good your fine. ADA ferts are very expensive per ppm of nutrient.
If you have soft water then many issues of which Fe to use are avoided as well. Which is way many use RO water in hard water areas, so they can add just what they need.

Dont get to tied up in hiting a certain ppm, it will drive you mad. There are many fert regimes/systems from lean to ferts in abundance, ADA fert regime is a lean regime but ADA aquasoil is packed with nutrients, so ADA dosing with ADA aquasoil together its far from lean dosing IMO.
Watch your plants, if they look good your fine. ADA ferts are very expensive per ppm of nutrient.
If you have soft water then many issues of which Fe to use are avoided as well. Which is way many use RO water in hard water areas, so they can add just what they need.
im almost one year and im thinking on how to re mineralize the aquasoil ? any suggestion?
im trying not to persuit the ppm target thats why i realize that the clone method suit me right lean dosing and keep watching the plants !

im almost one year and im thinking on how to re mineralize the aquasoil ? any suggestion?
Soil does not need remineralizing. Only your water.
How much you remineralize your water depends on what fish/shrimp you are keeping in your tank. In general for plants, somewhere around 3-5dGH should suffice although some plants like it when it's harder, but those are exceptions. You can go for a 3:1 ratio Ca:Mg which is pretty standard, using CaSO4 and MgSO4.
I don't think you need any dKH although that would depend again on the fish you are keeping, but in general there is no need to raise you water carbonate levels.

The IFC calculator also has a Remineralizing calculator that you can use to make it all easy to figure out. If you are dry dosing and you chose to provide your own targets instead of cloning a product, you need to provide both your dGH target and ratio for the calculator to be able to output any data.

Last edited:
Soil does not need remineralizing. Only your water.
How much you remineralize your water depends on what fish/shrimp you are keeping in your tank. In general for plants, somewhere around 3-5dGH should suffice although some plants like it when it's harder, but those are exceptions. You can go for a 3:1 ratio Ca:Mg which is pretty standard, using CaSO4 and MgSO4.
I don't think you need any dKH although that would depend again on the fish you are keeping, but in general there is no need to raise you water carbonate levels.

The IFC calculator also has a Remineralizing calculator that you can use to make it all easy to figure out. If you are dry dosing and you chose provide your own targets instead of cloning a product, you need to provide both your dGH target and ratio for the calculator to be able to output any data.
Im doing remineralization with Nillcg regent gh when I do 50% wc and add 10ml of microbe lift special blend but I will look at the remineralising calculator

I have some tetras neon, ember tetras some galary rasbora and 3ottocinclus and 3 amano shrimps

These are the products we have in the IFC calculator. This is the information we gathered at the time of the making of the calculator and it's possible that manufacturers change/improve the formula with time. Regardless, as you can see, most of these micro mixes have Fe chelated with EDTA, some with DTPA, and others use a mix of both. GLA also has a DTPA+EDTA micro mix but we didn't add it to the calculator. To me all this micro mixes are "same same but different" (a typical Thai phrase used in Thailand with tourist).

For me, CSM+B has become more of a generic term to say micro mix.

View attachment 207920
Good to know, could be anything in there! Mixing my own gives me so much more certainty. Glad you guys taught me how!

Hello @Hanuman and @Zeus. Hope you guys are doing well!
I have some question about cloning the ada iron and the mineral.
It has some sulfur on both.

In the calculator it's not present that salt. And I'm thinking on buying it to be applied on both iron and mineral.

Any suggestions thnxs a lot

Hello @Hanuman and @Zeus. Hope you guys are doing well!
I have some question about cloning the ada iron and the mineral.
It has some sulfur on both.

In the calculator it's not present that salt. And I'm thinking on buying it to be applied on both iron and mineral.

Any suggestions thnxs a lot
Unless you are using oxyde compounds like ADA, which I highly doubt, most common traces you will buy already contain sulphate, i.e. copper sulphate, manganese sulphate, nickel sulphate, zinc sulphate. Therefore there is absolutely no need to add any additional sulphate from your side.

Back