• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Are you entering the IAPLC 2013?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I say go for it too Gary.
It's for any planted tank after all .....I'm considering tidying up the sand bed in the nano and entering that instead of the studio tank as I don't think it'll be ready. Traditionally nanos do nothing, but its uk representation none the less.....do it! :)

I wouldn't worry too much unless your scape is based on an imaginary underwater terrestrial landscape, with trees and stuff and birds that are really fish, it won't do very well anyway. Mine's a submerged facsimile of my local park complete with swings and roundabouts and the obligatory sandy path winding off in to the sunset between an alpine type rockery and dense vegetation...I was being overly modest before...I'm expecting it to score top ten...at least, if not...win. So WTH:bored:

I wouldn't worry too much unless your scape is based on an imaginary underwater terrestrial landscape, with trees and stuff and birds that are really fish, it won't do very well anyway. Mine's a submerged facsimile of my local park complete with swings and roundabouts and the obligatory sandy path winding off in to the sunset between an alpine type rockery and dense vegetation...I was being overly modest before...I'm expecting it to score top ten...at least, if not...win. So WTH:bored:

That's the spirit! Lol

It'll be interesting to see what/how the voting goes towards this year. Personally, IMO, they shoud start to move away from those scapes...that is my opinion though.

Reactions: tim

I don't think a recreation of dog mess, old shopping trolleys and empty beer cans would go down to well as my scape then lol

For the ones knowing my Green&Grey, do you think that, if by the end of May, things look really "green" i should enter?
I see such lovely aquariums out there that sometimes doesn't feel right to do it.

Pedro.

do you think that, if by the end of May, things look really "green" i should enter.

Absolutely! Is gorgeous.

I'm going to enter my 'bookcase' tank just to give me a baseline to improve on next year. That way at least I can see how much I've improved... Just hoping not to come actually last, which is seriously possible as it's nowhere near grown in!

That's more like it chaps. There is absolutely no need to be reticent or insecure...it's only a planted tank contest...and we have some very real talent that the world needs to see, so get those entries posted...What's the worst that can happen...you can't come last cause I've already got that covered...

Back