IAPLC 2013 - Results are out!

Are you entering the IAPLC 2013?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ady34

Global Moderator
Staff member
I say go for it too Gary.
It's for any planted tank after all .....I'm considering tidying up the sand bed in the nano and entering that instead of the studio tank as I don't think it'll be ready. Traditionally nanos do nothing, but its uk representation none the less.....do it! :)

LondonDragon

Administrator
Staff member
The more the better ;) I might send one of my old photos too. Just to build up numbers from UK

Tim Harrison

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wouldn't worry too much unless your scape is based on an imaginary underwater terrestrial landscape, with trees and stuff and birds that are really fish, it won't do very well anyway. Mine's a submerged facsimile of my local park complete with swings and roundabouts and the obligatory sandy path winding off in to the sunset between an alpine type rockery and dense vegetation...I was being overly modest before...I'm expecting it to score top ten...at least, if not...win. So WTH:bored:

Ian Holdich

I wouldn't worry too much unless your scape is based on an imaginary underwater terrestrial landscape, with trees and stuff and birds that are really fish, it won't do very well anyway. Mine's a submerged facsimile of my local park complete with swings and roundabouts and the obligatory sandy path winding off in to the sunset between an alpine type rockery and dense vegetation...I was being overly modest before...I'm expecting it to score top ten...at least, if not...win. So WTH:bored:
That's the spirit! Lol

It'll be interesting to see what/how the voting goes towards this year. Personally, IMO, they shoud start to move away from those scapes...that is my opinion though.

Reactions: tim

fish fodder

I don't think a recreation of dog mess, old shopping trolleys and empty beer cans would go down to well as my scape then lol

Steve Smith

That's the spirit! Lol

It'll be interesting to see what/how the voting goes towards this year. Personally, IMO, they shoud start to move away from those scapes...that is my opinion though.
It does make the whole "scene" stagnant if they aren't will to except new ideas to be honest.

Pedro Rosa

For the ones knowing my Green&Grey, do you think that, if by the end of May, things look really "green" i should enter?
I see such lovely aquariums out there that sometimes doesn't feel right to do it.

Pedro.

greenink

do you think that, if by the end of May, things look really "green" i should enter.
Absolutely! Is gorgeous.

I'm going to enter my 'bookcase' tank just to give me a baseline to improve on next year. That way at least I can see how much I've improved... Just hoping not to come actually last, which is seriously possible as it's nowhere near grown in!

Iain Sutherland

Global Moderator
Staff member
I should think i will enter Barb Island even though i dont have a picture im happy with. Same as Mike, good baseline..
Best of luck to all that do enter.

Tim Harrison

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's more like it chaps. There is absolutely no need to be reticent or insecure...it's only a planted tank contest...and we have some very real talent that the world needs to see, so get those entries posted...What's the worst that can happen...you can't come last cause I've already got that covered...