• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Glutaraldehyde!

Cheers @Alastair I'll go for 2% then and just use TNC's dosing regime.

@Sacha 35ml is 7% of 500ml, I think you've just got the decimal in the wrong place. (edit: I see you've noticed now lol)

I wish the glute was at 100%, it would be a lot easier to work out :D I've got it down as needing 20ml glute & 480ml water to make a 2% solution from 50% glute. I'll go over my workings again later, see what I've done wrong :hungry:

Yes sorry I've still got ratio for a litre. In my head so I'd have worked it out the same. 20% gluten 480ml water

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk 2

Interesting. I find the DIY mix more comparable to EasyCarbo then Excel. I say that as I have to dose more of the DIY mix when spot dosing than I do regular Excel. I also found this with EasyCarbo. One other thing, if I get Excel on my hand it can burn a bit whereas this doesn't happen with DIY / EasyCarbo.

Add 30ml of Glut to 970ml of RO/Deionsed water....dose 1ml per 50 litres....moderate planted tank.
Add 30ml of Glut to 470ml....this will give you double the strength.....3%
I think....:rolleyes:.....dont get 50% Glut on your hands it stains them brown.
Cheers
hoggie

Has anyone got 1 l of 50% Glut for sale? I can only find 5 l on Amazon and that would keep me going for 25 years!
Cheers

Just re-reading this after some time. Did anyone come to any conclusions regarding Fe to the mix?

Not sure what you mean mate. So if you use ro water you would need to add Fe? Just wondering what the purpose of the fe is.

Back