• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Glutaraldehyde!

as money is tight at the moment im trying to find an alternative to buying liquid carbon. ive heard about Glutaraldehyde and would like to know how to use it, what dosage, how much to dilute it, and if its good or bad for the fish. all info greatly appreciated

as a health care professional...just be a little careful, the stuff can put you into acute respiratory distress syndrome if breathed in in large concentrations. Ensure you're in a well ventilated place when handling it in it's neat form.

preferably outside...

ianho said:
as a health care professional...just be a little careful, the stuff can put you into acute respiratory distress syndrome if breathed in in large concentrations. Ensure you're in a well ventilated place when handling it in it's neat form.

preferably outside...

Sounds fantastic! :)

Bargain,
With a 50% solution you could fill a 1000ml with only having to use 30ml of the glutereldahyde mix then 970ml of ro/di water then just dose away.
1ml per 40 litres daily and 5ml per 40 litres after water change.

You'd get 30 bottles of liquid carbo from that big bottle.

Wouldn't fancy making the stuff up though with what it does if breathed in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks for the advice guys.
done a bit more research and you can buy it 50%glut/50%water for £27 (1 litre)
it is nasty stuff but as with all chemicals if you take the proper precautions its as safe as water.
luckily im a tanker driver so have all the approprate safety gear. so might give it a go, could save a fortune as seachems main ingredient is 1.5% glut, and glut is basically all you need.

Alastair said:
easerthegeezer said:
i believe piece-of-fish was selling it neat....? he may be able to advise you.

i dont think it was neat mate but just a bit stronger, about 10% glutereldahyde i think ;)

ah, my bad, :thumbup:

Back