• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
Do you replant your cuttings or is this all sideward growth?
I've only replanted the odd floater, which happened in the first couple weeks.

It's literally a case of watching it grow (with water changes etc, of course).

It's not carpeting as fast as I thought it would to be honest, but I'm in no rush. I'd say this will carry on for a good couple of months before I get the desired effect.

Once the carpet is thick enough for trimming, this will be when the growth really takes off as new growth will be exponential from the new shoots.

I anticipate the first full trim in about 4 weeks. Then a couple of weeks for the desired re-grow. So about 6-8 weeks at least before it's looking how I want it to.

We shall see. :)

George, what levels of co2 you delivered to your plants after flooding? Did you kept them high and unsuitable for live stock for some time? When did you let first live stock in after flooding it? Thanks

erutangiS klatapaT

time to put on the big boy pants on and get some proper light over it george :lol: think i said 2 weeks erm 2 weeks ago!
Do you think doing the same with tap water would really be an issue...??

its really looking great though george, i love the composition of the stone and while it goes against the one pot challenge id be itching to add something a little taller to contrast and accentuate the individual pieces of rock.

Great images as always too.

time to put on the big boy pants on and get some proper light over it george :lol: think i said 2 weeks erm 2 weeks ago!
Do you think doing the same with tap water would really be an issue...??

its really looking great though george, i love the composition of the stone and while it goes against the one pot challenge id be itching to add something a little taller to contrast and accentuate the individual pieces of rock.

Great images as always too.
Thanks mate. :)

I'm scared of big boy pants. No room for error. lol

I think tap water would be tougher because I think I'd need to inject more CO2, and keeping the CRS would also not be so simple. I also like the way I don't need to constantly remove hardwater deposit build-up from the tank rim. I also believe the tetras colour up more with softer water.

I'm with you on the taller planting and have nearly added some hairgrass and other species, but it would 'spoil' the challenge. I can always add stuff later on, a bit like I did with "Scree" and "Scree Evolution".

5072828182_536890c202_b.jpg
5653903937_98d4b96b36_b.jpg

Thanks guys.

Still plenty left to do really. I need the carpet to really thicken in certain areas - namely towards the background and in-between the rocks. This will take a good few weeks.

I'll be installing a new light unit over it this weekend - Giesemann Futura. I was playing with it at work today and it's an incredible piece of engineering.

I've also got a Twinstar to play with. I'll probably need the anti-algae effect with the new lighting! :cool:

That looks great mate... A fantastic achievement from just one pot and the time taken to cover. I'm looking forward to seeing the new light too, they sound the business from what I've read.

I too am very tempted to go for a Twinstar.... I keep telling myself no... But Santa's voice in my head keeps telling me yes :) have you gone for the nano version?

Back