• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
I am considering going shrimp-only in here now. I have loads of CRS from my breeding tank. I think they'd look pretty cool on the "hillside".

I agree, though don't you feel the amano are a little too big for the scale of the scape.
Why not try some Cardinals, I think the contrast in color would work really well in here. And there are a few people now selling F1 uk bred shrimp.

Brilliant as usual George. Could you also tell me what is the white balance value you use for your photos? I just can't seem to get mine right, even with a white card inside the tank. I think its partly to do with lights I'm using and the fact that my tank is not an optiwhite. Optiwhite glass is limited to only 5mm thickness over here.

Will your stone not effect the water for crs? Or will this be countered with you ro water?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

Could you also tell me what is the white balance value you use for your photos?
5200K for this tank. Auto white balance results in the images being too cold (blue).

If you shoot RAW you can adjust in post-processing, but I'm lazy and almost always shoot JPEG. In fact I had some aquascaping friends make fun of me recently because of this! :lol:

Will your stone not effect the water for crs?
Yes, the stone does raise hardness considerably, but I change 60% of the water every 3 days. This results in the conductivity of the water ranging from 100 to 200, which is fine for CRS. They will not breed so prolifically, but they will be happy enough. Water temp is now a steady 21C which is ideal. CO2 about 20ppm. For shrimp breeding I wouldn't inject CO2. :)

So I added some more CRS today - all from my office breeding tank (pictured below). :)

_MG_2041.jpg

Huge thanks to Dane Frampton from Hobby Shrimp for helping me out so much with these over the last few months.

And here they are acclimatising in my Signature tank using a "Fintro" from Maidenhead Aquatics.

_MG_2657.jpg

Assuming they all do ok, which I'm sure they will as I've had a couple in there since I set it up, I'll add some more.

Once they've settled I'll get some close-up photos. :)

Finally Someone using one of the Fintro acclimators. They are a great gizmo for sensitive fish and shrimp aren't they. I have used them in many of my tanks and ponds with great success.

5200K for this tank. Auto white balance results in the images being too cold (blue). If you shoot RAW you can adjust in post-processing, but I'm lazy and almost always shoot JPEG. In fact I had some aquascaping friends make fun of me recently because of this!

If you ask me, shooting in JPEG is a true reflection of your high level of skills. Because you know you'll get it right and don't need to have the backup of RAW. Not only in terms of WB, but also exposure, blowing out highlights or shadows that are too dark. Your WB is just perfect I think! Viktor likes it cool, Stu and Tony prefers it warm. Yours is just the right amount of cool and warm!

Hi all,

Not too much to report.

All CRS seem to be happy, most out and about most of the time.

BBA is slowly but surely clearing up - and no liquid carbon being used at all.

I have noticed the pre-filter in my Fluval G is collecting a lot more detritus etc. presumably due to the better circulation created from the spray bar. Growth rates seem to have improved too. I've not cleaned the spray bar yet but will report back on how that goes. I suspect it won't be easy as the radius on the bend going into the tank is very tight, followed by a right angle.

_MG_2702.jpg

_MG_2711.jpg

_MG_2717.jpg

_MG_2719.jpg

Some nice close ups there George. I do like those CRS very much in this scape. Thinking of getting some myself....just a question of where to get them.

Moss is looking very attractive and very healthy grass, spray bars must be doing there job.:thumbup:

Hi all,

The glassware cleaned up a treat. I swapped the spray bar exit pipe from a right hand to left hand version, as this means the both inlet and outlet hoses are in the same corner and much neater.

I've also made a few minor changes to the hardscape - added another stone in place of some struggling hairgrass (in the shadows), added another piece of wood and made some alterations to the stone 'barrier' to make it look like less of a garden. :)

_MG_2740.jpg

_MG_2744.jpg

Hi George seeing that you have some fissidens fontanus in your current set up , do you know if this will grow in a non co2 tank, or even with just liquid carbon?
Thanks in advance .
Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back