• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
Just ordered my tank and the guy in the store talked me into having 7x2x2 so slightly bigger

We're did you buy your lights from. They look to be doing an awsome job, I'll read back through your thread and see what you are using

Pacific Sun: http://www.pacific-sun.eu/new/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=117&Itemid=190

You could probably go with the Hyperion units, mine was a hybrid (Pandora) because my tank is 93cm front to back and I didnt want to hang the lights too high.

I have Hyperions on smaller tanks and I should give enough spread on a 60cm front to back if you suspend them. You certainly wont need them on full power, more like 50% if that.

IV ended buying the Radion XR15 Ive bought 3 of them but think I'll need to buy another,

In your last images ive noticed you have made some changes to your filteration and spray bars, is it possible to upload some close up images and here about your spec on the filter system and co2 diffusers in lines please, I'm new to aquascape and I'm trying to gather as much info as possible
My new tank comes on Saturday and I'm ordering bits for the set up this week.

I'll be using 3 external filters
2 will be only used as a heater and co2 up line and the 3rd will be for the filteration

Your tank has really inspired me on this journey:)

The Radions seem pretty decent.

I only use two external filters, a eheim 2080 and a 2180. Apart from filtration they are used for heating (incl. an inline 300w hydor on the 2080) and co2 injection with circulation primarily undertaken by the gyre pumps. The co2 reactors are from Aquamas, a company in Germany, but I think the SERA reactors would work just as well and are much cheaper.

Wow, great!

Luurvly!

Now we need a link to the updated full HD video on YouTube ;)

It's been a while, lots of neglect, hobby kind of went on the back burner since 2017, no CO2 injection for 3 or 4 years now. Trying to clean things up and get interested again, but it's still going to be no CO2 injection for the future on all my tanks.

Still have Rainbowfish, although this tank is more diverse even added young Bala sharks which I have always avoided. Mascara, Filament and Setnai barbs. Barilius ardens, Dischorontus ashmeadi, crosocheilus species and several sharks.

Plants are largely the same although I have added more varieties of anubias. My coffeolia ( favourite anubias) is dominant across the main trunk.

I restarted dry dosing once a week, my other two tanks are on liquid ferts and one is also getting liquid carbon source.

No major scape changes ( it's expensive), but as you might know, I dont chop and change easily. Although one house move in 2011, it's been over a decade since it all began for this one.
IMG_20201220_151813.jpg

Great example of long-term CO2 and Non-CO2 aesthetic as well as longterm tank husbandry!

If you add smaller anubis/buce then I think the leaf sizes will balance out and improve depth of planting. The current leaf sizes look too even.

Great example of long-term CO2 and Non-CO2 aesthetic as well as longterm tank husbandry!

If you add smaller anubis/buce then I think the leaf sizes will balance out and improve depth of planting. The current leaf sizes look too even.
Thanks, yes I have been recently adding Bonzai and Paxing, however I have struggled with Bucephalandra in the past with this tank and I am not sure why. The leaves become blackened and they don't grow. I will try again at some point.

Back