• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
Inside, its nothing special at all.

No nice plumbing and neat electronics, just 2x externals 2x aquamas reactors (which leak every now and then :mad: ) 2x 5kg CO2 canisters and 3 x 80l breeding tanks. It could be smartened up a bit.

I will take a photo anyway. Prepare to be unexcited! :lol:

I will take a photo anyway. Prepare to be unexcited!
Its good to see anyway mate, doesn't have to be all clinical to achieve great results, that's more of a reason to show it really ;)

BTW do you know that "Fifty Shades" has been copyrighted? :p

Inside, its nothing special at all.

No nice plumbing and neat electronics, just 2x externals 2x aquamas reactors (which leak every now and then :mad: ) 2x 5kg CO2 canisters and 3 x 80l breeding tanks. It could be smartened up a bit.

I will take a photo anyway. Prepare to be unexcited! :lol:

Do it :)

Hi Sanj,
your tank is very very nice !!!!
I found your thread, because a friend and I are trying since 3 month to setup a 900 L tank here in Kinshasa.
It's a real challenge to set that kind of tank !!!!
we are facing a tread algae problem now since 2 month, that must be a water flow problem or a CO2 distribution problem. So we are now fighting to get the flow wright, CO2 at top but he start to get tired of battling these algae !! the amount of CO2 we have to inject is very high and it very difficult to get the flow wright.
So I wanted to say congratulation to you for your hard and marvelous work :clap: :clap:
I wanted to know about your light now do you turn it all on (8 tubes) or you are still on 4 tubes on ??
how do you manage your water flow in that huge and beautiful tank ? do you have a rolling flow, from back to front or corner to corner ?
And what about CO2 do you have like 10 KG fire extinguisher or less ? because we have 2x10kg and after é month or so he have to refill the FE !!
what is your CO2 injection rate?

I am really sorry to ask you so many question, but you have the most beautiful big tank I have seen for long time, so i am sure that you can give me good advices for my friend.
If you want i can put you a pic of that tank.
Please continue to present us such nice work like that !!!!
keep going !!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

best Regards
Zanguli

Hello Zanguli-ya-Zamba (excellent name!),

Thank you for your kind comments and I dont mind the questions.

My first thought is you are using twice the amount of CO2 I am using. I have two x 5kg. I have recently upped the injection rate because I do have Green spot algae on some of the Anubias and the Marsilea. However it lasts me 2-3months before I have to refill. Are you using a sump at all? Is there any leakage from the cylinders or is it just that you have them set at a high output. The bubbles on mine are too many to count, but I can see they are individual bubbles and not a blurred stream of CO2.

The co2 is injected into the outlet of external filters which then passes through a co2 reactor before continuing out through the spray bars. In addition to the filters are 2x power heads the movement from all is from back to front, rolling flow as you say. The lighting is raised high above the tank some 18" above the water line. It is on 4 tubes from (2 each side) from 16:30 to 23:30 and all 8 tubes from 17:30 to 22:30. A recent check was showing 40-50 PAR at substrate with all lights on and only 20-30 with half the lights on. This is possibly because there is more vegetation in and above the tank now than before.

I dont think it necesarilly an issue to have some algae in a new tank, it should eventually diminish, but it should not be at plague levels. Is there anyway for you to dim the lights initially? Keep at it.

Hi Sanj,
thanks for your answer !!!
Zanguli (is the name of an evil here in congo Zabulu but we change it to zanguli) and ya Zamba means from the jungle in lingala loool
I have talk with my friend and he explains me that the tubing he is using for the CO2 are simple air tubing !!!! so I think that the leakage is coming from there !!!!
I told him also that the filter system is not good ! because he is using a system with the water coming from the tank to an other tank under it, I don't know how do you call it in english
In french we call it filtration par décante. this filtration is using a 1000 L pump. and then he have only two power head of 900 L. He is using a corner to corner flow.
So now he want to order 4 Fluval FX 5 but I told him it's a bit too much !! what do you think about it ?
Can you explain me what is a SUMP please !!
An other think is that he have 8 x 54 W on for 8 hours ! I told him to reduce, but he doesn't want to ! at the beginning he had 12x54 w and I manage to force him to reduce it.

So do you think it's normal to have that algae after 3 month of set up ?

thanks for your time mate

best regards
Zanguli

Hi sanjeev

I have seen the article about your tank in practical fish keeping !!
Nice to see your tank in an other place than in the ukaps journal !!!
Congrats again for your nice work mate.
Tell me how is set up your outlet in this tank ?

Cheers
Zanguli

unbelievable. I must have watched the videos 10 times and it keeps getting better! Also love the fact (should probably whisper this on the aquatic plant forum) that you have stayed fish orientated. I have a request, which may sound crazy given how nice the big tank is, but do you have any videos or pics of the smaller tank with the praecox in? This also looks amazing, love the pebbles and cobbles.....

Last saturday 08/05/2010

Below is the steel frame being bolted together:

Steelframe2.jpg

Hi Sanj,
what width are the steel boxed bars? As after seeing this I am thinking of doing the same sort of cabinet and frame for a tank im getting later this year.

Back