• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Clear suction cups turn white

so you might be able to DIY one?

That could be really simple with a PVC T a small diameter conical drill bit and 2 normal drill bits. A 1mm and a let's say 6mm. Then use the popular Baking soda/sodium bicarbonate, charcoal powder and super glue as a filler.

Then filler the T in layers till it's full and solid and hardened. Then drill 6mm in the length all the way, then drill again with the conical bit from both sides not all the way to the centre of the T and a 1mm hole vertical in this centre into the 6mm area.

The outside threaded T can be reduced to fit the tubing. :) I guess a 25mm T gives room enough to work with if the conical bit is small enough. You might use a centre drill bit which is typically smaller in size and also conical if you want to use a smaller size T.

TEE-OUT-SIDE-THREADED.jpg

And recreate this...
450px-Venturi5.svg.png

:thumbup: That actually can't be easier, if you are able to drill straight... 1 = conical bit, 2 = 6mm? bit, h = 1mm bit.

Last edited:
Hi all,
The outside threaded T can be reduced to fit the tubing. :) I guess a 25mm T gives room enough to work with if the conical bit is small enough. You might use a centre drill bit which is typically smaller in size and also conical if you want to use a smaller size T.
I must admit I was just thinking of just putting an <"airline T connector"> into the hose going from filter to spray bar. I was hoping that would give you enough narrowing, to get a venturi effect, with very little effort.

cheers Darrel

Hi all,

I must admit I was just thinking of just putting an <"airline T connector"> into the hose going from filter to spray bar. I was hoping that would give you enough narrowing, to get a venturi effect, with very little effort.

cheers Darrel

In theory, it always works, the airline T connector narrows the hose, making the venturi bottleneck create the pressure difference. And that is all we need, pressure difference. I tried several ideas and actually all work in a way but not as smoothly with fine bubbles as the ones from the factory.

To get a better result the air inlet diameter should be significantly smaller, if it doesn't have enough counter pressure it might just spray water instead. That's trial and error. You could plug the air side from the airline T with some silicone let it cure and then reduce the diameter by sticking a needle through it to get a finer mist. Just came to mind I never tried that. Or maybe glue a syringe needle into the T, reducing the air inlet diameter as well.

Hi all,
To get a better result the air inlet diameter should be significantly smaller, if it doesn't have enough counter pressure it might just spray water instead.
I hadn't really considered that.

There is 12 mm - 6 mm - 12 mm "increasing T" connector, I might buy a few and have a bit of a play with them. The only problem would be that I don't have a tank with a spray bar at the moment.

cheers Darrel

Last edited:
Hi all,

I hadn't really considered that.

There is 12 mm - 6 mm - 12 mm "increasing T" connector, I might buy a few and have a bit of a play with them. The only problem would be that I don't have a tank with a spray bar at the moment.

cheers Darrel
That might just work fine, I'll give it a go too this summer in the outdoor bathtub to see how it works. Then I'll plug the 6mm side with a Hypodermic needle cut to the correct length I still have a few laying around to experiment with. The plastic connector from the needle is PVC too and can be glued shut easily, yet don't know its diameter, need to get one and measure it, but it looks tapered, it might just fit snuggly. I guess the finer the needle the finer the mist. :)
Schermafbeelding 2023-01-16 185022.jpg

Yes, sorry for the derail OP.

It looks like your question has been answered now though.

Let me know if you mind the derail OP and if so I will ask to have the parts on venturis and inline diffusers moved to their own thread👍.
Haha well I’ll admit I was a little perplexed to discover this thread had digressed to co2 diffusers, I don’t mind as long as folks find it useful.

I think I have my answer. I’m going to dry out a suction cap to test the “hydration” theory!

Back