• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Changed to a Sera Co2 Reactor 1000. Gave up on inline diffuser for my planted tank.

Yeah, looks much better! Would be best to have it cover the whole width of the tank to reduce deadspots, but it is certainly a huge improvment in flow.
Thanks for that Wisey. I suspected the same so I will be ordering some extra pipe when I can.

Hi Carl you never did say what variety of aponogeton that is. How about some alternanthera rosaefolia they AR lovely and bush out great. Mine adds some lovely colour of pinks and reds...

Just looked up the TMC 1000 power difusser. Looks more like a reactor TBO. And very similar to the sera 1000 why did you stop using it? Looks ok...
When I attached my Eheim pipe to it the pipe conections leaked straight away. I used jubilee clips and that still did not resolve the leaks so I had no other choice but to buy a Eheim compact pump and submerge it into the tank and I hate too much kit into the tank. I just about give my seneye some room.

Anyway, today when I attached my JBL tubing onto the diffuser the pipe was snug and did not leak at all so it'connector s wizzing away at the present time and still have strong flo in my tank, mind you I am not surprised with my 1400 L p/h output

It appears that the Eheim tube must be slightly larger than 22mm or perhaps the JBL is slightly smaller than 22mm... who knows but on the TMC the JBL tube wins hands down

Hi Carl you never did say what variety of aponogeton that is. How about some alternanthera rosaefolia they AR lovely and bush out great. Mine adds some lovely colour of pinks and reds...
Ah sorry about that. Yes I was looking into it but I am unable to find any details as I bought it from an Aquatic Centre that is now closed... If I find anything then I will let you know, I would love to buy some more of it as the Platys leave it alone...

Yeah, looks much better! Would be best to have it cover the whole width of the tank to reduce deadspots, but it is certainly a huge improvment in flow.

Forgot to say that the spray bar is now submerged. It certainly has been interesting watching the bits float around and see being sucked up again by the vortext. Any view on my attempt for my tank? Not quite an aquascape master

It looks fine, just needs more plants. I did mention the Alternanthera rosaefolia which grows well and adds a good splash of colour. Here is where I got my aponogetons from...

http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/aqu...8.html?zenid=94c2f600f6acf84e348e773ee14d6d18

Thanks for that info. I bought a whole load of plants from AE this year and within a couple of days some had turned to candy floss and then eventually disappeared. I told AE and they were supportive to begin with and then the replies ceased so I am not too much of a fan anymore. They all so said that they grew all of their plants but when mine arrived they arrived in boxes from Holland.. Perhaps just a coincidence, anyway I lost the plants and did not buy anymore and the ones that survived began to get eaten. What a vicious circle. I will look at AE again but there plants and kit they sell are more expensive across the range. I am very loyal to CO2Art who also sell plants. Here have a look as they sell plants similar to AE

http://www.co2art.co.uk/collections/aquarium-plants

When my CO2 is on via the TMC Diffuser my tank is not perfectly clear but looks a little foggy. Does yours have the same effect with your Sera?

When my CO2 is on via the TMC Diffuser my tank is not perfectly clear but looks a little foggy. Does yours have the same effect with your Sera?

There is no fogging or misting at all. The tank is clear all the time. 100%

Ive and all these plants for nearly 2 months now and they have grown loads. They all came from AE. I don't hink that their plants are bad but do agree that their after sales support could be a lot better...

78ce2c37b9ce478535d6c76862a777e4_zps40e8fb02.jpg

The lower middle section is lilaeopsis brasiliensis which although alive and healthy looking just hasnt spread out :( but I haven't given up on it yet ;) Sorry about the poor quality picture!

Sorry about the poor quality picture!

Hey Bhu that is lovely setup well done and what a cool discus it looks really mean..., . I would currently describe my tank as looking milky... it's really strange Well I will wait for my new body to arrive and then install that. I just hope they have a body that fits someone who is 6ft 10

Yes she's a lovely Discus. Not looking so happy at the moment though as she has had a fall out with her long term mate. I'm a bit worried, she is eating ok but he's giving her a hard time and she's hiding away in the echinodorus Belheri most the day and only comes out to eat. Lovers tiff lol but a discus's desire for food over comes most things, they love their food! So your going back to the UP? It's a shame you pulled out of the sera as I think you would have got on well with it. I think it just needs care around the co2 inlet which is why I've used a one way valve with 4" of tube to the sera so if I need to take it apart to clean can just remove the one way valve and keep far away from the co2 inlet on the sera ;) anyhow I will keep in touch on this thread how it goes over the months with mine...

Hi everyone,:)

OK. two days ago, I was doing 50% PWC, cleaning the two Eheim filters ( 2080 & 2075) and trimming away damaged plants due to BGA outbreak. ( I know, I over did it ;))
It was past midnight and I tried to fix a softer type Co2 hose. Although I took extra precaution when pushing the new hose into the Co2 inlet of the Sear 1000 reactor, after starting the filters, I noticed that the reactor was leaking badly. Upon close inspection, saw that the plastic thread on the plastic screw and the reactor was damaged. So Now I'm back on the inline diffuser. Have to find a way to fix the damaged Co2 nozzle.

So those who are interested in the Sear reactor, please be careful when connecting the Co2 hose.

BTW what's the best way to clean an inline diffuser?
1. Soak in household ammonia:crazy: and then in Prime.
2. Soak in vinegar
3. Soak in Hydrogen Peroxide.

Cheers

http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b631/Zak_Rafik/screw-thread-damaged1_zpsce4f49e2.jpg

http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b631/Zak_Rafik/screw-thread-damaged_zps7f96d18a.jpg

Hi Zak Rafik

Wow those threads are really chewed up! I think that the sera is very delicate and fragile. I treat mine like a baby ;) so far so good and great results really stable co2 at a good level constant light green and no 7UP.

The best way to clean the UP is to soak the ceramic in bleach over night then rinse and rinse, prime is a good way to clear the chlorine.

Just noticed your quote after the post... Sounds like the Dahli Lamha. ;)

I really am in two minds where to go now looking at how easily that chewed up, but then I guess if you cross thread a plastic thread then its gonna be toast pretty easily.

As you will see from my journal, I finally got the last replacement part for the damaged filter from Charterhouse. It may be that I have to wait until the new year to buy the CO2 gear with the expense of Christmas and a wedding coming up that I am travelling to. The other complication I will have with the Sera is my filter is so big that the top is quite high in the cabinet, so somehow I would need to get the tubing up from the connector, then bend it down to the reactor which is not going to be so good for flow as having the tube going straight up in to an inline and then straight out the back of the cabinet and up to the spray bar.

It's going to be Thursday before I have time to get the filter put together and see how things fit in the cabinet, but when the time comes I will really appreciate your participation on my journal thread to put a plan together on how it would potentially fit.

I treat mine like a baby so far so good
Wow! Like a baby uhh!:)
so far so good and great results really stable co2 at a good level constant light green and no 7UP.
:thumbup:
Ok. Now I'm jealous.:twisted:
UP is to soak the ceramic in bleach over night then rinse and rinse, prime is a good way to clear the chlorine.
I'm not very comfortable with using bleach. Not sure if the water mixed with bleach is total out of the chamber inside the inline diffuser.
Have you tried with hydrogen peroxide.?
Cheers.

ps.
Just noticed your quote after the post... Sounds like the Dahli Lamha.
You think so? I have no idea but it sounds so zen like.Luv it.

Well Wisey, as you have to wait, then see if co2Art get theirs together for after Christmas. If not I can give a good track record of my sera by then. As for the piping I know what you mean. Can you have your reactor outside the cabinet at the back? Or on the side outside of the tank? It does come with mounting gear to stick to glass with suction cups...

Hey Zak Rafik, yes with TLC thats the way to treat a sera 1000 ;) ha ha

Yes be jealous for now ;) but for how long we shall see...

By bleach I mean the unscented pure variety. It easily rinses away with lots of rinses. Soaking it in pure water a few times afterwards will also weaken the bleach and make it safe. Do you intend to soak the whole difusser then? Is it the the intense one that doesn't come apart?

How long have you had your sera? Is it still under warranty? Worth a try maybe...

Let us know how you get on. I'm still really happy with my sera 1000 but I'm looking forward to seeing co2Art's reactor when they release it.

My aquarium cabinet is in between a wardrobe and a chest of draws, so once it is filled, anything out the back is going to be almost impossible to work with, so I really need an in-cabinet solution otherwise I am going to be struggling with maintenance. I'm going to use taps as much as possible so I can just switch off and disconnect items for cleaning but I would still like stuff in the cabinet where it is easy to reach.

Well I used a separate pump for my reactor. Saying that before the pump arrived I did have it attached to my canister. The pipes were curved but it still worked well. If that was going to be my final set up then I was going to my some solid gentle curves from acrylic to get to the reactor with out any kinks in the piping. They are easy to make. Cut your acrylic to size. Put a solid rubber or silicon in the acrylic tube. Heat up with a heat gun then bend when it's flexible and hold it in that shape until the acrylic resets. Using a separate pump I didn't need to do this in the end.

Back