• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
Re: Aquagreen (NEW VIDEO P21)

hi

with regards to the tmc grobeam unit.
whats your experience with them, are they worth the led power? if you know what i mean.
Also im having trouble finding out what kind of size the unit will fit, will it move down to fit a 40cm tank?

Rachel

p.s them gourami are STUNNING!

with regards to the tmc grobeam unit.
whats your experience with them, are they worth the led power? if you know what i mean.
Also im having trouble finding out what kind of size the unit will fit, will it move down to fit a 40cm tank?

The Grobeams are great, the colour rendition is good, they grow plants and show colours up nicely.

One grobeam would work on a 40cm tank.

What sort of rock did you go with, it looks dark in the shots is it slate?

thank you, and the rock is mini landscape rock.

you can get it from TGM or AE, i got it from my lfs as they have a good selelction on hardscape.

heres a quick pic update as well

in the beggining, (the glosso has now gone and a move around at the back)
7381299228_e42541619c.jpg
aquagreen4 by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

now
8035076843_0de24e9f55.jpg
aquagreen fts by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

Very nice indeed Ian, it's filled in lovely - looks really healthy too

Thank you Gary! just need to keep on top of trimming!

thats some transformation and its been extremely well looked after through its development an inspiration mate
Thank you Tim, your comment is much appreciated.

Awesome nature aquarium, just how I like them; although I'd be tempted to let it get a little more naturefied

Thanks Troi..as in let it get more overgrown?? lol

Wow things are looking really nice and a good balance of design and nature.

Thanks for the rock recommendation I will certainly give it a try. Cheers

Cheers oddnoise, again you comment is much appreciated.

I'm loving this 1-2 grow moss, it really taking it's form now, i have struggled with weeping moss in the past, but this stuff seems good.

8050213004_8a5a6f4496.jpg
weeping moss by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

Ian, that looks super healthy mate. And your photography skills just keep getting better and better. Good on ya :)

thank you Chris, i have had an afternoon of nothing at last after having a very busy last few weeks at work...so have been messing with the camera...sorry for the pics.

8050969542_38f88aefe0.jpg
in room by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

Again Ian, it's looking excellent.

I hope you don't mind but your tank has been a good source of inspiration for my one.
I'm trying Taxiphyllum Barbieri on the wood but interested to hear about your 1-2 Grow moss.

I'm just in the planting mode and will post pictures soon.

Thank you!

With most mosses you buy fresh in they will be grown emersed, the easy mosses like Java moss will take no problems (this is in my experience), the medium to harder mosses like Christmas, weeping etc etc, go through a slight transition. Making them go a little brown, they do recover but it takes time and sometimes they don't recover well.

again IME 1-2 Grow moss takes almost straight away and in this tank has looks really good. How i would expect it to look.

Re: Aquagreen (wine and scape)

Total relaxation.
The only thing missing from that photo is your feet up on that table!

Love the focal point of the open off centre space, no hard hitting centrepiece to draw the eye allows you then to look calmly and inquisitively around the scape. An ideal nature aquarium :clap:

Back