• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

All That Remains - Take II

I've gone for a Tidal 110. Don't think k I've had one of seachem filters before. And I can mess about with planting up the compartment with creepers/climbers etc.
Think I'll just fill it with bio balls and rings for surface area colonisation.

Also for the heat we're 🔥 having atm have added a venturi to the internal to add more oxygenation to the water for a while.

And I'm ordering the Nano this weekend for my desk.
I didn't get on with the APS one very well.
So going back to the tried and tested nano I've used in the past.
Will catch some shrimp from the main tank and add to it once ready. I left the hatdscape from the badis tank in here. So that I could let the plants etc grow on nicely undisturbed.

Think I'll just fill it with bio balls and rings for surface area colonisation.
Just a suggestion, but instead of bioballs and ceramic rings, why not fill it up with K1 media?

The surface area on the K1 is significantly more. I know you have a lot of plants and other filters anyway - but if you are going to fill it up with something try 3 litres of that.

Just a suggestion, but instead of bioballs and ceramic rings, why not fill it up with K1 media?

The surface area on the K1 is significantly more. I know you have a lot of plants and other filters anyway - but if you are going to fill it up with something try 3 litres of that.

I'm a fan of K1 style plastic media too, but they won't work as well in a Tidal filter as its a bottom-up flow design, so the media would end up getting pushed over the weir if loose unless you add some sort of DIY grill. You could put it in a bag, but you risk a lot of bypass unless it's wedged in.

I'm a fan of K1 style plastic media too, but they won't work as well in a Tidal filter as its a bottom-up flow design, so the media would end up getting pushed over the weir if loose unless you add some sort of DIY grill. You could put it in a bag, but you risk a lot of bypass unless it's wedged in.
Ahhhh - got it. Should have checked that. Yes, good point indeed. I recant my last suggestion! :D

Tidal arrived. This is the biggest hob I've ever owned. The thing is a beast of a HOB.
Really like the design:
Built in skimmer
Self priming
Massive filter area - just filled with sponge atm.
Maintenance level indicator, a little tube pops up when it needs cleaning.
Whole filter basket locks in place and can be detached and lifted without turning off the filter.
Kicks out alot of flow.
Flow dial very easy to adjust
Even has a clip to attach a heater to the side of the intake area.

I'll plant it up with some hydrocytle when I can get some.

Attachments

• 20240629_131245.jpg
    20240629_131245.jpg
    384.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 20240629_132828.jpg
    20240629_132828.jpg
    976.2 KB · Views: 10
Back