• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

All That Remains - Take II

I currently have x2 Air Pumps running on this.
X1 for the UGF x2 outlets - just a MA x2 outlet pump - AquaManta Air Pump - SP 360
x1 for the Big air stone = superfish pond x1 outlet - Superfish Air Flow 2 Air Pump

Would this be suitable to run it all
Hailea V10 Air Pump:

1716722756238.png

Last edited:
Sitting infront of the tank this morning while remunating with a big mug of Tea.
I've ordered 25kg of sand to add to the foreground. I'll order more if needed.
Ordered the V10 Hailea to see what's its like and for the price not too worried. I want the kind of outflow they have in the UGFs in Bardills. Always forget to ask what pump they are using to run their tanks. As they only use UGF in all the tanks.

Also one of the Pearl's has multiple ventral fins which is an interesting mutation. It's one of the sub males, cant see yet if it can move them independently to each other.

I saw some very small juvies of an Interesting fish. And couldn't resist getting some at the price they were. I don't see them very often, mainly for a brief few seconds at dusk or golden hour. Hopefully as they grow they will get more bold and will see them out and about.
They are only the size of an adult kuhli loach atm. So have alot of growing to do.

Plstties are continuing to birth more fry that are surviving. And I'd forgotten how big platty females can get. The blue Mickley mouse 🐁 females are def a chunky fish. And fiesty.

My son has said he wants some sharks for the tank, but I wouldn't want to add them as 6ft is not big enough for them long term for how big they get. Maybe a red tail or rainbow shark for him to look out for when he pops over. Though he does like the Yoyo and flags. So they may keep his interest as they grow.

My super reds are Calicos shich is not an issue. I would like to add some blue eyed snows in the future if the price is more reasonable or some green lf dragons.

Pearl weed is growing but at a slow speed. Obs more ferts will help with that. Crypts are growing again which is nice. I may add some more.

And I have a weird looking soft leafed red/brown one which I don't remember adding. So I'll see what that is later.

Also one of my lotus' is very stunted they are next to each other by about 6 inch apart.
One has already reached surface level and the other is barely sending out any leaves 🍃 which is weird.

Sand arrived, but the bag had slit so have lost half. Sent pix to shop.
I've added it to the foreground in a decent layer this morning.
Cories already more relaxed and diving head 1st into it.
The giant Vall needs trimming, but I like how it all coils together at the surface.

Rainbow 🌈 cichlids have been hovering around the heater, so they may be getting ready to nest. Though they are supposed to be crater layers. So will see what happens.

Added more botanical aswell, KBN have a nice selection so got some nice leaves to add. And some nice open pods.

Took the afternoon off yesterday, and went to Bardills.
So glad I did as they had loads I would have come home with but didn't thankfully.
Got some elegant cories
Long fin white clouds, got x12 as they are lovely
Glass cats, have missed keeping these. So glad they had some in.
Added x12 more Cardinals as they were under £2 each
A nice big group of platinum halfbeaks- can't wait to start feeding them up to get nice and chunky and get some fry from them again.

Went to the Japanese Water Gardens just down the road. That was a bit of a let down as the name implied alot. And there was just a big plastic pond with a few Lilly and water spouts. They did have alot of Koi and a decent selection of fancy goldfish which was nice.
The fancy garden room place across the way was cool, but starting at 15k, nice to look at.

Yellow Convicts are looking lovely but don't stay still enough to capture properly.

I fed them some crushed cichlid pellets and low and behold one of the convicts came out.
Really nice yellow colour, and unlike their counterparts they have an orange fringe to their finnage instead of blue.

Attachments

• 20240609_162318.jpg
    20240609_162318.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 21
  • 20240609_162320.jpg
    20240609_162320.jpg
    891.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 20240609_162322.jpg
    20240609_162322.jpg
    831 KB · Views: 20
  • 20240609_162341.jpg
    20240609_162341.jpg