• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • Most of the remaining team are off on holiday meaning the forum does not have sufficient cover. As such the site will be placed in maintenance mode where it can be viewed but no posts/threads can be made and will remain this way until August 11th, apologies for the inconvience.

Aaron's 216l journal!

Any updates, or new pics, Aaron?

i can understand, i find it harder to keep on top of things now im doing A levels, ive even had to quit 1 subject, to take me down to 3 so i can cope, what do you think of your a levels so far?

A levels are a blahblahblahblah man, I did English language and english literature at the same time as doing a btec and it was really hard going but it's worth sticking at it. Good luck with them though!

Personally I'd be looking at it as saying once I get this done I'll get myself a new scape! :twisted:

Garuf said:
Personally I'd be looking at it as saying once I get this done I'll get myself a new scape! :twisted:

sounds good to me :lol: nowadays, i look at things and think, ahh well, ive deserved it, and i will spend loads extra than i used to 😀

AdAndrews said:
i can understand, i find it harder to keep on top of things now im doing A levels, ive even had to quit 1 subject, to take me down to 3 so i can cope, what do you think of your a levels so far?

Im finding Maths hard, did all my Mock exams last week.
got B in ICT & Biology, find out maths & chemistry tommorrow which will probably be bad 🙄

I have been thinking about going back to a 60l which is more manageable, i have missed that tank from day 1 🙁
It was this time last year when that tank was abused too, so it may bounce back stronger again 😉
The plants are algae free which is good though, it is just on the glass which is lucky!!

Nice tank Aaron, dont loose enthusiasm!

I started my A levels this year and have lost a lot of enthusiasm, but after leaving my tanks for 2 weeks, I tidy them up when I have the time and I become obcessed with them for a day or 2 until work starts again 🙄

Are you doing 5 ASs? thats insane! Im doing maths and chemisry, and to be honest, I cannot keep up with chemistry, its just too much for me but maths in managable!

Id be well pleased with Bs in the mocks 😀

Will

fishkeeper said:
Nice tank Aaron, dont loose enthusiasm!

I started my A levels this year and have lost a lot of enthusiasm, but after leaving my tanks for 2 weeks, I tidy them up when I have the time and I become obcessed with them for a day or 2 until work starts again 🙄

Are you doing 5 ASs? thats insane! Im doing maths and chemisry, and to be honest, I cannot keep up with chemistry, its just too much for me but maths in managable!

Id be well pleased with Bs in the mocks 😀

Will

This weekend i have a break :thumbup: so it shall be getting a clean. Ill post before and after pics to show you what has happened!

I am doing 4 As levels, and an NVQ level 2 in management and team leading.
I got U in chemistry (the whole class failed :? :? ) and a D in Maths which i am pleased with (Ill be happy with E in maths lol)

Thanks & good luck with yours.

I know the feeling Aaron, having just done a post-grad exam. Trick is to set your self revision rewards - be it new plants or re-scaping or even a new set up, after the exams. My Pico scape was my revision reward - nothing like the anticipation of an empty glass box.... Best of Luck, Tom

Luckily, and strangely, the plants werent algae infested, there was just some GDA & Diatoms on the glass. The only damage is the stems have started to rot at the bases due to no light, and you will see why when I show you the surface of the tank.
I have been thikning for months to change them for C.Undulata but havent got around to it because i havent been happy with them.

I have included before and after pics to show you what happens when you dont do water changes on a high tech tank.

Sorry about the pictures, I get some batteries, I lose my tripod 🙄

DSCF0205.jpg

DSCF0206.jpg

DSCF0211.jpg

DSCF0219.jpg

DSCF0221.jpg

I know the feeling Aaron, having just done a post-grad exam. Trick is to set your self revision rewards - be it new plants or re-scaping or even a new set up, after the exams. My Pico scape was my revision reward - nothing like the anticipation of an empty glass box.... Best of Luck, Tom

The trouble is I am always getting/ doing something new so it wouldnt really be an award :lol:
But i understand where you are coming from :thumbup:

Thanks, Aaron

AdAndrews said:
Just keep at it mate, why not switch to an uber low tech, so you wont have to do much maintenance.

yeah, thats another on my 'to do' list :lol:

I am searching for a luminaire, as i would rather not cover 1 tube up like James did as I see it as a waste of electricity and it isnt fair on my parents who pay the bill!

aaronnorth said:
AdAndrews said:
Just keep at it mate, why not switch to an uber low tech, so you wont have to do much maintenance.

I am searching for a luminaire, as i would rather not cover 1 tube up like James did as I see it as a waste of electricity and it isnt fair on my parents who pay the bill!

wont taking the bulb out stop the flow of electricity? i would probably get inside the luminaire and take the wires out.

AdAndrews said:
aaronnorth said:
AdAndrews said:

wont taking the bulb out stop the flow of electricity? i would probably get inside the luminaire and take the wires out.

Yes, but taking a wire out will break the circuit too.
I have found this, which is perfect, just going to look for others first though

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Overhanging-Aquar ... 518dfe57fe

Back