• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

A forest unnamed - Fluval F35

love the wood,looks nice and moody,whats the plans for planting?

cheers dave

That's what I'm going for, dark, moody :)

In terms of plants - really undecided but will feature lots of moss and ferns. Got some Anubias too that will be going in.

Thinking some hair grass, some small leafed stem plants for the background, maybe with something red too? Open to suggestions really - my knowledge of plants is nil :)

Posted from the comfort of my iPhone...

zesase4e.jpg

I flooded this tank on Sunday evening after picking up a few plants. Coming to grips with timers for the co2 and lighting. Have done a 50% water change everyday since Sunday.

Currently no livestock, looking to transfer fish and shrimp this weekend.

With it full of water I'm already reconsidering some of the layout and will tweak things over the next few weeks. Waiting some moss and other plants.

Here are some images.

va9a5uty.jpg

mu8y8yry.jpg

uhy7y4az.jpg

nuqapype.jpg

Any comments/suggestions/advice is welcome:)

Hey,

It's starting to take off, and it looks nice and healthy in there. Most of the hard scape looks fine, but the bunch of big wood/manzanita sticks on the left of the front shot look a bit busy. Would you consider taking one out? As I think it will transform the tank and open up the viewing angle a lot more.

Just a suggestion, I'm not an expert :)

Interesting tank too, how do you find them? Pros/cons?

Cheers,
N

Hey,

It's starting to take off, and it looks nice and healthy in there. Most of the hard scape looks fine, but the bunch of big wood/manzanita sticks on the left of the front shot look a bit busy. Would you consider taking one out? As I think it will transform the tank and open up the viewing angle a lot more.

Just a suggestion, I'm not an expert :)

Interesting tank too, how do you find them? Pros/cons?

Cheers,
N

Thanks for the input - to be honest - the aquascape aspect of this system is really secondary for me, right now I'm just getting to grips with growing the plants.

There are a hundred things I dislike about the current layout;)

Thanks for the input - to be honest - the aquascape aspect of this system is really secondary for me, right now I'm just getting to grips with growing the plants.

There are a hundred things I dislike about the current layout;)

Definitely the best way to go about things, and your doing a great job by the looks.
The overall look is pretty good, you should be pleased with how it's turned out :D

Quick pic from last night. Will get to answering questions and writing about the tank this weekend, hopefully.

3ydevyqe.jpg

Is that a male and a female betta splendens in there I spy?

Getting on ok with the shrimp? and each other?

Yeah, male & female beta splendens. Here a quick snap of them :)

qa8unu5y.jpg

They both give the guppy a tough time but in general everybody gets along. Shrimp population is down - think the female beta has been hunting them.

Back