• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

A forest unnamed - Fluval F35

Mmmmmm, not really sure about the plastic clips - might be excess parts, don't recall them in my tank package. That little wire tool thing, think you might be right re: impeller tool.

The filter size sounds like a great Xmas bonus :) I have the 106 on my tank. 206 is going to be great with all that extra flow :) just be sure to position the outlets so that you are breaking the water surface and aimed at each corner - works for me.

Link me to your setup thread, will be great to see how your tank comes along.

I haven't started a thread yet, but I will do when I can get everything out on Xmas day and will give you a shout with a link.

I have most things sorted and ready to go. I just need to decide on plants, which is stressing me out.

Curvball. Do you have any problems with the heater getting up to a good temperature at all? I am doing a fishless cycle and trying to get the temp up to around 28, but it doesn't seem to want to rise above about 24/25.

Spoke to fluval and they said that is to be expected!

not Curvball, but if this is a 50 watt heater it's going to struggle to keep the tank at much more than a few degrees above room temp - good in a way as it's never going to boil your fish even if the heater gets stuck "on" ... not so good if you want higher temps for whatever reason, you might just pick up a 100 watt heater.

(note that at the time of kit purchase, some shops will "swap" out items for upgrades at small fees ... if you complain to your shop they might get the Fluval sales rep to sort you a 100 watt heater at cost rather than MSRP - though you may still find a sale heater at better bargain)

Curvball - nice work with this tank, it's always interesting to see how a tank evolves over time :thumbup:

not Curvball, but if this is a 50 watt heater it's going to struggle to keep the tank at much more than a few degrees above room temp - good in a way as it's never going to boil your fish even if the heater gets stuck "on" ... not so good if you want higher temps for whatever reason, you might just pick up a 100 watt heater.

(note that at the time of kit purchase, some shops will "swap" out items for upgrades at small fees ... if you complain to your shop they might get the Fluval sales rep to sort you a 100 watt heater at cost rather than MSRP - though you may still find a sale heater at better bargain)

Curvball - nice work with this tank, it's always interesting to see how a tank evolves over time :thumbup:

Thanks. I have already ordered a bigger heater. I will keep the 50w as a spare or sell it on.

Back