• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

A forest unnamed - Fluval F35

A large water change, some replanting and removal of brown leaves... And this is the result...

uzudu8eh.jpg

Posted from the comfort of my iPhone...

A few more snaps from earlier including what's inside the cabinet.

y2eqasez.jpg

qyryvyhy.jpg

y7y8ejys.jpg

Seriously considering a complete tear down and restart on this tank... Everything just isn't coming together as I envisaged.

Tearing down such a small tank can be a good thing, moving water around is a chore , but you get to rebuild and improve with a new scape. Even if you limit yourself to reusing existing materials - the end result is certain to be better than the previous. You'll be happy with the new creation for a day or two.... ;)

Have RO unit :) so happy especially as it was a complete surprise from a good friend.

Who says Christmas doesn't come early...

uhyvujyg.jpg

Looks like the same unit I have.

Probably one of the best purchases I have made.

Yip, RO unit is a must have for any aquarist IMO. My last system was a 8 stage monster I just slowly built up, wife wasn't so impressed when it took up its own cupboard in the kitchen :)

Yip, RO unit is a must have for any aquarist IMO. My last system was a 8 stage monster I just slowly built up, wife wasn't so impressed when it took up its own cupboard in the kitchen :)

I can imagine! :D

Mine is tucked away in a cupboard in the conservatory so I get no grief from the wife. Well almost. The other night I forgot to turn it off and went to bed. Woke up in the morning to a very wet floor! D'oh!

Ha ha, I can relate (as I'm sure everybody on here can) - I've flooded the kitchen a few times ;)

You can't call yourself an aquarist until you've flooded something - and a DSM setup doesn't count :D

Still haven't got the RO unit setup but opted to brighten up the tank and ditched the black background.

eda5e2ub.jpg

py8ehete.jpg

atyby7y6.jpg

And you will notice that I've pretty much lost all the HC, pretty sure the lack of CO2 was the cause. But I did see the guppys uprooting the HC and hair grass.

Kind of like it from this angle... Otherwise it's pretty terrible, seriously considering a tear down and a rescape next weekend.

7yvaju3u.jpg

Haven't updated this thread for awhile but here are some snapshots of the tank in its current form. Really just a mishmash of stuff now really. Running CO2 and ferts with weekly 50% water changes. Also been dosing liquid carbon which seems to have eradicated the BBA which appeared after I had CO2 issues. I also dropped the lighting by adding a sheet of frosted vinyl to the LED unit. Plants lower down might be suffering but overall everything appears balanced at this stage.

qu2usy8a.jpg

mupyne9u.jpg

6u3abebe.jpg

Attachments

• qu2usy8a.jpg
    qu2usy8a.jpg
    340.9 KB · Views: 103
  • mupyne9u.jpg
    mupyne9u.jpg
    363.1 KB · Views: 107
  • 6u3abebe.jpg
    6u3abebe.jpg