• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
Bloody Christmas moss grows toooo well. I have glasses of it sitting around as I'm not willing to pass it on due to a bit of algae but I can't bring myself to bin it :oops:

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

Hey Al,...:). Totally speechless,...i have just finished reading the entire 20 pages of your journal. This is going to be an epic. Have you taken any PAR readings at substrate? Nice one Al. Just keeps getting better.

This looks superb, well done. I know all about teething problems myself ATM, moss and Crypt troubles with me though. Anyway you have my sympathy!
All the best from Bill. :D

Hey Al,...:). Totally speechless,...i have just finished reading the entire 20 pages of your journal. This is going to be an epic. Have you taken any PAR readings at substrate? Nice one Al. Just keeps getting better.
Hiya Faizal nice to see you back on mate and thanks for tje kind words. Glad you like it pal. Its all starting to grow in well now.
I haven't taken any par readings as yet. I just need to buy a meter from the states as im curious myself. Ive got zero algae what so ever touch wood so alls looking good.
This looks superb, well done. I know all about teething problems myself ATM, moss and Crypt troubles with me though. Anyway you have my sympathy!
All the best from Bill. :D
Thanks Bill. Sorry to hear your problems. Whats wrong with your crypts???

Ill be posting some photos up of the tank very soon now it's growing in, everything is very healthy. Still no luck with moss so have tried the moss balls and all seems well so far.
Ive also give into the urge tp get a nice bright betta so purchased a gorgeous red one along with ten more ottos .
0EvokMm.jpg

KI3usNr.jpg

adds a lovely splash of colour to the tank. The tmc tiles make it really stand out

Just spend the afternoon at Alastair's, the pictures on the journal don't do the tank justice. Its absolutely huge, i couldn't believe it when i walked in the back room its like one of Amanos massive tanks.

Everything in the tank is perfect, wood placement, rocks you name it. Its probably the best tank i've seen and its got a good few months to grow in yet too!

Well done pal!

Wow that is some solid red! I like it and I'm sure he will be happy in a tank of that size!!!

I don't know much about them but can you get him a mate?

Certainly not another male. Given the size of the tank you might get away with a few females too. Emphasis on might!

Superfish seem to think it is possible although most Betta keepers out there certainly would not mix females and males unless breeding but then they also keep them in much smaller tanks.

I think you would have to keep an eye on them. They like it rough don't you know ;)

Wow that is some solid red! I like it and I'm sure he will be happy in a tank of that size!!!

Hi ali thanks mate. Yes the red on him was stunning. Really beautiful. Ive since read that they only show such bright cokours in shops when stressed or having a flare up at another male. Hes turned a lovely deeper red with a faint purple sheen when the light hits him.
Arrrrh a fighting fish in a nice home, makes a lovery change from the average community tank, great choice mate.
I don't know much about them but can you get him a mate?
Hey mart thanks mate. Ive always felt really sad that they get stuck inside such tiny boxes in fish shops too which added to me buying him but with the upper surface if my water being gentle and stats needed are similar to that of the cgoccos etc im hoping hell do fine. Greedy little so n so though.
Mates wise I believe I can get a female or 2 but he looks very happy with out.

Certainly not another male. Given the size of the tank you might get away with a few females too. Emphasis on might!

Superfish seem to think it is possible although most Betta keepers out there certainly would not mix females and males unless breeding but then they also keep them in much smaller tanks.
thats what I read too. Ill just stick with the one although saying that I helped plant up a young lads tank new year and he has both a male and 2 female and no fighting at all.
I think you would have to keep an eye on them. They like it rough don't you know ;)

Ahhh ha ha. Oooo I say ;)
He tolerates the choccos?
Yes mate. Swims with them all the time they seemed to welcome him in straight away

Just spend the afternoon at Alastair's, the pictures on the journal don't do the tank justice. Its absolutely huge, i couldn't believe it when i walked in the back room its like one of Amanos massive tanks.

Everything in the tank is perfect, wood placement, rocks you name it. Its probably the best tank i've seen and its got a good few months to grow in yet too!

Well done pal!

Cheers mate. Was good to have you over. Been a while. Its like santas grotto for you ha ha. Always plenty of freebies to take back ;)

Really kind words mate thanks. I could tell you liked it. I wouldnt say best tank but its appealing enough. Just wish I good give it some oomph to grow quicker.
Your welcome anytime pal as are others too

Alistair been reading this on my phone so ran down stairs and got my laptop as I know how you can sort out the reflections. Its a technique I learnt from Scott Kelby some years back when I was shooting high level portraits professionally. Plus, its a very very simple little trick.

Use the SLR to take the pic as per usual then start identifying hotspots or reflection points. Get some black sheets, gaffer tape and some black pieces of paper (large rolls work best). All you then do is put black paper over the sources of hotspots/reflections and reshoot, identify and repeat.

Once the majority is gone you can use the sheets to almost funnel your lens, what I mean by that is using the sheet or even paper closer to your lens to stop stray light coming in and reduce hotspots/reflections even more.

Hope this helps, helped me a TON when i took portraits inside offices with huge windows with reflections of me...

Here! Here!

Ooh and pictures too please. I'm in need of some jumbosorus tank inspiration :)

You do know we are all living vicariously through you and Sanj ;)

WOW man really awesome tank just went threw the whole thread, any new fts of this monster:)

thanks Hannes Really appreciate that. Ive got quite a few shots on my dslr of the tank and inhabitants now ive sorted reflection out just need to do some ps editing but can take a quick phone shot now.....with reflections though as not getting all the black roll out just for a quick phone shot :)
Here! Here!

Ooh and pictures too please. I'm in need of some jumbosorus tank inspiration :)

You do know we are all living vicariously through you and Sanj ;)
Ha ha ok james. One quickie on its way. I promise when ive edited the dslr photos there will be lots of photos added. :)

Back