• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

120 x 55 x 55 Over and out.

Re: 120 x 55 x 55 @ 5 weeks

viktorlantos said:
Lovely shot from a nice angle my friend. Love the busy look already. The red color adds an additional spin to the whole image.

cheers Viktor. There are some nice 'rustic' tones coming through

J Butler said:
a true sanguine dream

just going to google that :)

Antoni said:
I love the ripple and the colour on the back! Oh man, I want to say what I see and feel, but its already in at least 10 of my previous posts if not all and.... that sucks.. I want to post something different than "great scape" "what a growth" "shots to die for.." but I cant maybe is my english or there is not much to be said?!

My turn to comment on yours my friend :thumbup:

ianho said:
The Ludwigia (?) is looking loads reder (is that even a word).

now its getting close to teh light it's turning a nice colour. It's getting hacked tomorrow

clonitza said:
Where's the diver mate? Still enjoying a cocktail on the couch?

You cant see it?...it's there :shh:

I've got a preggers otto...so Ian said :geek: from the front it's fat as hell.

preg-otto.jpg

:D Ianho's mention of the ludwigia getting redder prompted me to think of synonyms and sanguine just popped into my head...

A little double entendre without the risque elements made it apt in my warped imagination :lol: As you're planning on keeping this scape running for a while, how can we not be hopefully optimistic that it will get better and better!

Pregnant... or a food baby :) Hopefully the former :thumbup:

Nice otto capture, if it wasn't for the fish people might take it for a terrestrial shot. :)
Good job! Pity you didn't capture these details in your full tank shot. Can you lower the lamp or add some front lighting using a strobe maybe when doing the next one?

Mike

Thanks guys :thumbup:

I've added some more algae crew today. ottos, shrimps and sae's

There's about 12 ottos, 20 shrimp 15 cherries, 5 SAE's, 1 catfish (which has polished of the large on the stone) barbs which clean and the shark which acts like an SAE.

This is simply Breathtaking, and ages with more beauty with each passing shot.
Agree with everyone that the Otto shot looks perfectly terrestrial in all its essence.
I have seen a Barb that Might Interest you as a Companion for the current Barbs >> Snakeskin barbs - Puntius rhomboocellatus

Cheers Gill. ill google the above fish :thumbup:

I've cut the ludwigia glandulosa tonight, to encourage denser growth.

removed some of the old crypt leaves that have been there from day one.

Here's a full tank shot @ 5 weeks. Still a massive way to go, but i'm pleased with the over all progress of the tank.

Notice the big stone?...clean, without scrubbing :D

fts--5-weeks.jpg

Re: 120 x 55 x 55 full tank shot @ 5 weeks

cheers bud :)

As it gets towards the top it loses some of it's initial redness going a crimson colour, which i'm guessing is it's normal colour.

I am thinking how to use it in an iwagumi, and break away from green plants in an iwagumi layout. crypts, aponogeten etc....

crispus-red.jpg

That would be challenging and great to do! I have seen one... actually it is one of my favourite setups with a autumn feeling... I will try to find it. But non aponogeton or crypts were used, I wonder if it was even a photo shop...

And this is the picture I was talking about!

Antoni said:
actually it is one of my favourite setups with a autumn feeling..

find it mate :D I'd love to see it.

And finally :lol: ...a final angled FTS...

ruby-angle.jpg

that's been well and truly hacked, Mark. That Aponogeton looks awesome.

That's mental. So many colours and textures already. The eclectic fish selection suits it well...

Looking forward to seeing this bad-boy develop mate. I reckon we should take it to Aquatics Live in my horse trailer!

Looking amazing, really like the colour variants

cheers fellas.

Slowly, day by day, it's taking on a better, more matured look. But still a long way off 100% mature.

Dosing wise, i'm the leanest I've ever been. On a 360L i'm dosing 10ml of TPN+ daily, 15 drops of ECA, 10 squirts of special N.

Apart from very minor GSA, it's one of the cleanest tanks yet. The catfish has taken care of GSA on the glass.

Gravel vacs, still have to be a dream find for me. It just makes me wonder how dirty my past tanks were. With the very easy water change system i have, i can do a buckets worth just to clean the gravel, and good god!...it's amazing, on a daily basis, how much 'crap' gets sucked up :wideyed:

At night, i do the old "aeration" thing, which adds O2 and cleans the surface to a mirror finish.

oxy.jpg

Tom said:
Slowly? You're having a laugh Mark! Looking good

cheers mate :lol: it's painful watching it grow!

This image is for Ed! :wave:

A cherry shrimp...

cherry-2.jpg

he's way too fast for any fish to catch him!

Back