• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What other hobby's do you have?

Another item. I've put legs on the stove as the weathers been good enough today.:)
6da46566235ec05fbb137b691c344e08.jpg
8c390695ef669255142bceb4447653cd.jpg
1124ef64cff25797896961ce943f669f.jpg
c723c589aa257938ed74cfb1628d71c7.jpg

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Thanks mate like wise, how long did that take to complete?

Thanks mate like wise, how long did that take to complete?
Well in that picture it is far from complete as I have since sanded & varnished it but probably about 40 hours in total.
I love what you guys are creating... as a 56 year old geezer I can worry that them there new generations of youth's just aren't making enough tangible stuff. Any young folks here welding stuff up or shaving things to a high gloss with a finely tuned plane....?
Same age as me Chris, there are lots of young guys who do amazing things on computers but you ask a great question...

With 3 young kids (aged 5, 4, 2) I don't get time for much to be honest.

I used to enjoy astronomy until I moved to a house with a garden enclosed by bloody fir trees. Can't see much now apart from the postage stamp sized bit of sky directly above.
I used to enjoy cycling but rarely get a free weekend now to escape town and really enjoy it. Cycling on urban roads is no fun at all. I do still follow the UCI road racing season on telly though.
I also used to play guitar etc etc etc

These days, I mainly enjoy going out for a run after I've put the kids to bed. I do the odd 10K race...thinking about a half marathon. Really must get around to joining a running club.

It's amazing what some of you can do with your hands!

I can't make anything, or play any instruments. I used to be really into Parkour when I was younger, but I'm a bit old for that now (my knees are kind of a mess). I still like to go bouldering sometimes though, and balancing on stuff whenever the opportunity arises...

DWbiXCF.jpg

I keep thinking about properly getting into slacklining. I don't think I could convey what it is exactly, but there's about being perfectly balanced on something that feels pretty great.

Beachcombing! Its amazing what can be found, best yet for me is my little half Ammonite. Or my most unusual find is a marble that has the frosted look of sea glass.

I've been leaning towards starting a new hobby with gardening. I have a collection a large gardening catalog. This is what i would be doing if not aquascaping

Oooh I did that one for a while... you can make some really, really good brews with modern kits. I gave it up though because I ended up drinking 3 pints a night and putting on weight :(
I only brew small batches (4-5 liters = x12 33cl bottles), so I have to work a lot if I want to drink 3 pints a night!

Jordi

I only brew small batches (4-5 liters = x12 33cl bottles), so I have to work a lot if I want to drink 3 pints a night!

Jordi

Probably wise! However I found that my barrel brews came out way better than the bottle ones....hint hint

Dabbled a bit with home brew you might say in the hill's and holler's in and around the Ozark mountain's here in U.S.when I was much younger(not as scared).
Produced some stuff that could make a fella blind.
True love however, is fishing.
Much to be said for solitude found along stream bank or lake shore.
Sometimes don't care whether the fish bite or not.

haha love a bit of home brew, me and a few mates bought a home brew kit when where 15/16! anyways we made this stuff, it was are tasted like john smiths... except when we where drinking it out on the bikes all the bottles had something that looked like flour in the bottom haha! good crack though!

Back