• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What books are you reading?

Another fan of Terry Pratchett and the Discworld books here, I have been through them a couple of times together with Good Omens (co-authored with Neil Gaiman) and The Long Earth-series (co-authored with Stephen Baxter). Although note that the Discworld books vary quite a bit between them, and I would recommend starting with number 4, "Mort", as a good introduction point. Other personal favourites of mine are Douglas Adams Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, and the more serious Foundation-series (Isaac Asimov) and Dune (Frank Herbert).

Currently reading The Year of The Locust by Terry Hayes.

Long awaited 2nd book. The 1st is ‘I Am Pilgrim

CIA espionage type stories. I Am Pilgrim is outstanding and the new one is pretty amazing.😃

Last edited:
Currently
20231123_080658.jpg

I recommend anyone feeling the stress of modern life to immerse themselves in a Bill Bryson book, the way he writes and his subject ,will soon take you into a better 🙂place Bit like we know that feeling when. looking at our planted tanks or gardening etc

I recommend anyone feeling the stress of modern life to immerse themselves in a Bill Bryson book, the way he writes and his subject ,will soon take you into a better 🙂place Bit like we know that feeling when. looking at our planted tanks or gardening etc
IMHO a well written book immerses the reader, (whether fact or fiction), and leaves “one” wanting to carry on reading when there’s work to be done
Time just flys by

1700832979182.png

A professional friend who I have known many many years and I have great respect for had never advised a book to read which wasn't a professional one which was good for CPD. So when he advised a book to read I had no choice. RESET: RECLAIMING THE INTERNET FOR CIVIL SOCIETY. Well I have just finished it and feel akin to Neo having took the red pill. Very strongly advise folk to read it. The truth is out there!

Reading this for now, but finding it very very hard going.

IMG_0729.jpeg

Sounds quite sinister! . . . and she doesn't even have a yellow hat on?! . . . weird! 🤷‍♂️
Well, she puts on the hat on page 4, and that’s where it gets really dark.

Back