• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

TMC AquaGro MicroHabitat - PFK Subs Offer

We can move this subject to here rather than clutter up UKaps with legal stuff. This is a more appropriate site to discuss this subject and with knowledge too. this is where I got help when bmibaby left my family and I stranded in Lisbon 2 years ago (still in the courts now. lol)

They are experts in this sort of thing so we should get some sound advice even if it is 'sorry guys nothing you can do on this one'

I've started a new thread, I urge anyone who has been affected to sign up on this site and add your experience too on this one:
http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/fo ... ost3148548

Andy

Hi Andy,

Thanks for re-directing the 'flack' from this thread into an external forum that's more appropriate.

Meanwhile if there's anyone else with issues regarding their Direct Debit payments for the subs offer I politely request they contact Bauer or Great Magazines direct, rather than potentially causing legal issues for UKAPS.

For those that do subscribe and get the tank, I wish you well with it and hope to see some journals on here!

For those that have just visited this thread I'd like to summarise -

If you are a new subscriber and take this offer there is a Direct Debit payment of 93.00GBP every 24 months.

I realise for those on a tight budget that £93 is a lot to ask in one lump, even for 26 issues of PFK magazine and £59.99 worth of aquarium that would usually retail at a total cost of around £160.

It does sound like a good bargain.

The tank is very good, and easy to work with. If you are after a good quality small tank, then it is worth the subscription.

I just want to say that while I do agree that £93 is a LOT to pay upfront, the wording is fairly standard. I used to work in magazine subscriptions (NOT this company) and phrases like '12 month DD' always meant it was taken every 12 months. Of course I'm not sure *how* they expected every customer to just know this, but as far as I can tell it is standard phrasing.

Gill said:
Great Magazines, are offering no help and Will not Cancel. They Just have just stated that the Tank orders have already been printed. And that it is Our Responsibilty to Return the Tanks to TMC or PFK.

When I last subscribed to PFK they were offering the Fluval U2 Filter for the 1st time. I received a copy of the magazine and the filter before the 1st payment was taken from the bank and can remember comments from people on another forum about canceling the dd because they had received their filters as well.

Bobtastic said:
I was tempted by this, but having only ever purchased one issue of PKF b4 (this months/Nov), the one off payment and the experiences of the ppl above I've been put right off!

I'd rather just spend £59.99 on an ace looking nana and save the £23!

The tank is great, I got one..

Although it is small, there is a lot that can be done.
4798328921_9194503d68.jpg

4713280608_cc0c1c8554.jpg

Can anyone who has been affected by the '24 DD' problem please contact me at the info e-mail address on my site. Can be found on the 'contact' page. I would put it here but don't want loads of spam (or more than I already get. lol)

Please provide your name and username on this forum within the e-mail so I know who is who :)

We can then deal with this away from the forum and I can update you of any changes to the situation.

Regards
Andy

ghostsword said:
I bought mine from here:
http://www.cityaquaticscardiff.co.uk/st ... -1169.html

Same stuff, different name.

Correction, the TMC has some differences, and a heather as well.
"
It has undertaken testing on the original nano and produced a new version based on its own selection of LED bulbs, with a rocker switch on top rather than the dimmer seen on the Dymax nano allowing the use of a "low-light" mode".

The cables now sit in neat grooves in the top of the rear rim and TMC has also produced a tiny new heater which sits in the rear chamber.
"

ghostsword said:
...Correction, the TMC has some differences, and a heather as well.

Read your first post and was going to say they were different ;) Better TMC LED's, more of a known brand = possible better build quality, and a heater :thumbup:

The Dymax IQ3 and Betta ones are the same though with some 'badge engineering'

NeilW said:
ghostsword said:
...Correction, the TMC has some differences, and a heather as well.

Read your first post and was going to say they were different ;) Better TMC LED's, more of a known brand = possible better build quality, and a heater :thumbup:

The Dymax IQ3 and Betta ones are the same though with some 'badge engineering'

I am pretty sure that the case and filter are the same. :) However TMC managed to put a "maybe" better lamp, and a heater for the same price, so it is for sure a winner. Odd that they are not selling it yet.

I'm awaiting my delivery. Not sure if i'm going to set it up right away as i'm currently neglecting my two nano's while i renovate the house but i couldn't resist the deal.

Back