• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The Flawless

Thanks for the reply guyz
But many people in other forum say they look like Scuds,seed shrimp,copeheads

btw co2 of 4-6 bps that is too high I think

The critters look a little like mosquito larvae. Are they round or do they have a tail end they thrash from side to side? Google mosquito larvae. ...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Actually maybe the pupae stage of mosquito.

Hi Hari,
don't worry, just aim to keep to the system you have been advised on here. Your fish will eat the critters when you eventually put them in but don't be in too much of a hurry. you should be able to net out a lot of the 'creatures' with a fine net if it bothers you.

As Vivian says, it won't harm if your CO2 is a bit high BEFORE you introduce livestock and may help to keep algae at bay but remember, once the fish go in you will have to manage the CO2 at acceptable levels.

Harry.

The critters look a little like mosquito larvae. Are they round or do they have a tail end they thrash from side to side? Google mosquito larvae. ...

Wonderfully said man, I found it I saw 2 mosqito laying eggs,Yes they have a tail and move zigzag and googled and saw it perfect matching..[DOUBLEPOST=1397901339][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hi Hari,
don't worry, just aim to keep to the system you have been advised on here. Your fish will eat the critters when you eventually put them in but don't be in too much of a hurry. you should be able to net out a lot of the 'creatures' with a fine net if it bothers you.

As Vivian says, it won't harm if your CO2 is a bit high BEFORE you introduce livestock and may help to keep algae at bay but remember, once the fish go in you will have to manage the CO2 at acceptable levels.

Harry.
If I keep @ 4bps for a month would I get any algae problems..??

No fish = lots of co2, the more the better. The only danger of co2 is suffocation to fauna.

No fish = lots of co2, the more the better. The only danger of co2 is suffocation to fauna.

But if I keep more bps the co2 bubbles form bubbles on the surface of the water.....[DOUBLEPOST=1397915034][/DOUBLEPOST]
But if I keep more bps the co2 bubbles form bubbles on the surface of the water.....
I am very frightened about algae boom...

Algae boom mainly from light that's y Clive told to switch on only 2 bulbs and you are going to provide high co2 till u introduce fish, after that you can bring it to normal, coz providing high co2 will make your plants to settle fast, and for surface agitation if you kept your filter outflow in correct position you won't face this issue.

High co2, proper fert dosing and water changes at initial stage will help your plants to get settle fast.

Ok all cleared but coming too water changes when it shoul be done? How it should be done?

Do a minimum of 2X-3X water changes per week of at least 50%. Keep the tank as scrupulously clean as possible.

Cheers,

I did a 10% water change today morning some oily flim floating on the surface of the water Don't know what is that..

What chemicals should I buy for Macro Fertilizer.

No idea how the oil film forms, if your water flow is good then it won't be there, Check the below video for macro fert

Last edited:
No idea how the oil film forms, if your water flow is good then it won't be there, Check the below video for macro fert

Can you please mention how much quantity I should buy these following chemical :
1.Potassium Phosphate
2.Potassium Nitrate
3.Magnesium sulphate

And in what bottle did you mix

Last edited:
Changed the filter inlet and outlet as suggested by ceg4048 and Andrew

IMG_00000131_zps3e75281e.jpg

IMG_00000132_zps0be9393f.jpg

IMG_00000133_zps57178852.jpg

Should add a power head asap.. for Co2 flow.

Added Activated Carbon as a part of Filter media..

Hari,
You need to calculate the amounts you will buy. Look at how many grams you will be dosing per week and buy enough so that you are not constantly running out. I imagine you can start with a hundred grams or so of each and see you get on.

In those photos I see still that a lot of ga goes right out the top of the tank. Remove the filter inlet grill and place the diffuse right under it.

Cheers,

Yes did as you said Ceg4048 This is temprorary for one month right?? Because it looks odd
And after adding fishes the fish may be sucked in..

IMG_00000135_zps27e77bdc.jpg

IMG_00000134_zpsdfe26ee4.jpg

Yes did as you said Ceg4048 This is temprorary for one month right?? Because it looks odd
And after adding fishes the fish may be sucked in..
Yes, but we are not worried about looking odd right now because rotting plants look even more odd in a planted tank.
Also, we are not even thinking about adding fish right now because we have a lot to learn about the art of growing plants in a CO2 injected tank, right?

Cheers,

Back