• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The Art of Nature Aquarium

That’s ADA’s way.

An easier way... a couple of 2 litre jugs, remove some water to drop the water level overnight, pour back in when morning comes around. Far less broken lily pipes from suction cups failing.

Their content is timeless. This site has become heavily weighted towards scientific argument lately, which is great. However, thought the content list could do with something firmly planted in the art side for anyone new to the hobby. Bit of eye candy for inspiration.
Just seen this about the lily pipes that is a legendary alternative, ADA aint as good as they think aye haha

That wall painting at 16:38 is out of this world... 😍 I always wanted to do something like this as an aquarium background in my home, but never did because I'm afraid I'll mess it up and never finish it and will look silly. After all, I can paint a bit but I'm far from an artist myself.

That wall painting at 16:38 is out of this world... 😍 I always wanted to do something like this as an aquarium background in my home, but never did because I'm afraid I'll mess it up and never finish it and will look silly. After all, I can paint a bit but I'm far from an artist myself.
I did three years art college and would still be a little nervous about it!

However you've now got it in my head, I love a shortcut so have been looking for wallpaper solutions as a tank backdrop.

Am particularly liking these two, the trees is my preference for its open feeling but might be limited depending on scape.

The gallery is beautiful as are the tanks and would echo other comments on Filipe's tank! ❤️ I have an emersed Echinodorus in my smaller tank but can only dream of it ever looking anything like that!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230928_084715_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230928_084715_Chrome.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 64
  • Screenshot_20230928_084704_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230928_084704_Chrome.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 66
I did three years art college and would still be a little nervous about it!

However you've now got it in my head, I love a shortcut so have been looking for wallpaper solutions as a tank backdrop.

I've seen a few nice ones too, but it won't work in my old antique farmhouse... The walls are plastered to rough and too bumpy old Hacienda style like plastered with a shovel. I would need to replaster the wall to put paper on it, it will not be in contrast with the rest and look off. So painting it would be the next best option. A giant real-life-sized wall painting is a brand apart from getting texture and depth, which I haven't mastered yet. For now, I know it will look too flat if I would do it.
The gallery is beautiful as are the tanks and would echo other comments on Filipe's tank! ❤️ I have an emersed Echinodorus in my smaller tank but can only dream of it ever looking anything like that!

FIlipe's scape with the emersed Sword plants is also my favourite and an inspiration to me. It reminds me of my very first Aquascape, the one I joined this forum with in 2015. And one day I really want to do this again but better.
dscf7314-kopie-jpg.jpg

Back