• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Songs from the Man Cave!

Very interesting! My school, Barking Abbey, was once called Park Modern, which is the same school Billy went to. I can't tell you the number of times his name came up in the Assembly when they wanted to promote the good outcomes of the school!!

Very interesting! My school, Barking Abbey, was once called Park Modern, which is the same school Billy went to. I can't tell you the number of times his name came up in the Assembly when they wanted to promote the good outcomes of the school!!
In the 80’s I had friends who lived in Ripple road, and Barkingside

I remember the the kids from there getting on the bus on Longbridge Road that used to go down from the Poly to Barking underground, in the later 80s.

In the 80’s I had friends who lived in Ripple road, and Barkingside
Yep! I also attended Ripple Junior School! Small world.

I remember the the kids from there getting on the bus on Longbridge Road that used to go down from the Poly to Barking underground, in the later 80s.
I know it well!

Yes, from the early/mid 70's period when Neil followed up the success of Harvest by releasing deliberately non-commercial albums. From the same record: Walk on.
(I love everything Neil Young recorded in the 1970's but agree his later material is a bit hit and miss)

I wish I knew 'Like a Hurricane' when I went to my earliest house parties! Didn't discover Neil Young until the early 1990's when I was in my early 20's.

More from the 'On the Beach' album, don't listen if melancholy is not what you need right now. The first, and possibly only, song I know that includes "pissing in the wind" among the lyrics - Ambulance Blues

I wish I knew 'Like a Hurricane' when I went to my earliest house parties! Didn't discover Neil Young until the early 1990's when I was in my early 20's.

More from the 'On the Beach' album, don't listen if melancholy is not what you need right now. The first, and possibly only, song I know that includes "pissing in the wind" among the lyrics - Ambulance Blues

Love this song! I once had the fortune to meet and hear Neil at the remote San Gregorio General Store - it was an unofficial appearance - he owns (or used to own) a ranch just up the road ... it was magical!

Cheers,
Michael

Back